Friday, March 02, 2007

I miss...

Lots… Challenge ya to compile a list of things you miss.. and see if there’s any on there you could still do if you wanted… Many of our “I miss”s ya can’t – but hey, maybe there’s some you/I could change – and rediscover past treasure…

My mother, father and sister… (and all relatives, loved ones, friends no longer here)..

Whiffle Ball…

Cruisin’ town…

Nuclear family dinners..

TG&Y, Woody's Appliance, Boggess Hardware, The Wiggle In, 2am coffee at the Western Truck Stop, Dairy Joy, Schoellers, McBowl (just ain't the same), Breipohl <-- you'd have to have grown up where I grew up to miss all that crap...

Maynard as a youth, with excitement for life…

Working for an airline – and the airport life…

Chasing lightning bugs...

Flicking a paper football...

Being glued to listening to conversations my older relatives had. Makes one think "hmmm... I guess we are impactive on youth... maybe I'd better watch what I say!"

John Belushi….

Idolizing pro athletes..

Running (ie, softball, basketball, actually running for amusement)

George Brett hitting…

Bob Gibson pitching…

Stan the Man wigglin’ his butt before a pitch…

Sammy's, Shakeys, One Block West, Pirate's Inn... Legs Diamond (an inside joke maybe only my buddy Sanford would laugh at.)

Time with my buddy Sanford.

Candy cigarettes, Bubble gum cigars, Wax lips, Dots, Pixie Stix...

Coaching… tis funny… buddy o’ mine, roughly same age… not a single father wanted to coach his grandson’s basketball team. (Tis his daughter’s kid).. so he said “hey, I’ll do it.” And he’s done it – and not only has he done it, he’s done it well – and he does so with the passion to make kids feel good about themselves.. Way cool. That’s what life is all about – making others feel good about themselves..

Summers as a kid..

Barney Fife…

Louie Armstrong…

Charlie’s Angels (sorry, I’m a pig)..

Pulling “fruit loops”…

Red Skelton..

Putting a penny in my penny loafers…

Brill Cream… my mop could use that crap now..

Burma Shave…

Ray Charles…

Non-competitive little league baseball… (Well… u compete – but not with the expressed title of “competitive”.)

Backrubs (getting/giving)…

Crawling into bed for goodnight hugs/recap of the day.. (and maybe other stuff)…

WHB… the old one….

Life when it wasn’t sucha hurry…

Actually having money left after paying bills…

When we actually wrote letters and mailed them…

I would love - to hear anythiing you would wanna add to this list. Don't be a wallflower, click that comment button!

I guess – miss is a good word. It means good times/memories past. I hope you/I live long enough we can experience more wonderful experiences deemed nice enough we could possibly someday miss them.

Good times ahead. Don’t miss them....yet. Love, Victurd

No comments: