Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Is it possible to be ‘drunk happy’ and not drunk?

Who knows why these moods swing… Oh, there’s a background for it.. and oh.. I do my damndest to not let anyone see me down… and when I’m down – I’ve practiced that ‘crooked mouth’ so you’d never know it! Dick Howser, beloved former Kansas City Royal manager usedta say “ya just can’t get too up on the highs, nor too down during the lows.” Wow, that’s a life lesson…

Today – you could walk up, slap me across the face, slash my tires, push me over, light my clothes on fire……. Damn near anything and I don’t think you’d sock the happy outta me.

I just figured – I do plenty of the down talk (see Yucky blog) that I might as well boast when the rollercoaster is at the apex. Life, it’s really fucking good. When up, colors are brighter, smiles are bigger, funny stuff is funnier – and somehow people can simply sense this happiness….

The feel of making perfect contact during a baseball at bat…. “hitting the sweet spot”… Letting loose of a basketball shot and visualizing/knowing it’s going in before it ever gets close to the basket… lettin’ go of a 16 lb bowling ball and knowing “YESSSSS!” before it ever knocks ‘em all down.

The baited anticipation of opening the door of a loved one’s house ya ain’t seen in awhile – and knowing the feel of that “hey I love you” hug before you even get it...

Pretty people look even prettier, ugly people look even prettier. Being happy is like the song “The girls all get prettier at closing time.” Don’t rain on my parade. Lemme rephrase. Nothing you could do could rain on my parade.

May you follow the urge to share the feel of those times when life is grand… May it rub off on those around you.. May you be as thankful to the ones who “put you there” as I.. May your rollercoaster of life not be so topsy turvey… May you fool the hell outta ‘em in the down times… May you have that shit-eatin’ “fuckin A Ray” smile when life, it be good.

I loveya. Love is even more pronounced in happy times. Happy day… literally, Victurd.

No comments: