Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Take one... it's complimentary...

Butterflies, and compliments... are free...

Today... someone at work asked "how do you get ridda ants?"... Nuther person named the name of this stuff... you put a bit out... (away from pets)... the ants get in it... doesn't kill them immediately... they take it back to their "community', spread, and then they all die out... like wildfire... "you mean like aids?" the coworker said... "yes, like aids."

I say, spread the compliments out. Let 'em multiply, like rabbits... like ant-killin' crap... like aids... like invitro-fertilization...

Chicky came up to me the other day and said "you know what... so-and-so (another department) came up to me.. told me 'hey, I think you're doing a really nice job with such-n-such'.. it was the very first compliment I've had here in five years and it meant so much to me.."
Ain't that sad?

We all love compliments... Well Victor, what are you - the writer of the blog that maybe one, two or three people read gonna do about it? I dunno, I guess just ask that we all work to compliment more.

Last week. Chicky, who happened to be black - ain't sure that matters, moreso just to relate/identify I guess... anyways, adjoining company rents our warehouse... there ain't no pee place there... thus... they troup into our offices to pee. When she turned the corner, her smile lit up the day.. one of those people you can tell (IN A HEARTBEAT) "nice, nice person." So, after she peed, she walked back outside... uh huh.. same radiant smile.. So.. I blurted "hey.. you have a great smile." Lo and behold it got even greater. "Thanks" she said, and continued on.

The Piggly Wiggly where I go. To purchase cigs, you have to go to "Service" counter.. and u can take a few items from store there to purchase as well. This ain't a compliment. Most of 'em there - it's like they're thinking "GD, why do you come to my window... why don't u get in line like the rest... I can't wait until my fucking shift is over so I don't have to put up with people like you." I mean, it's like you feel like apologizing when you get to window for burdening them... The other night... new chicky there.. Smiling. WHY? The others don't.. .why does she? "HI, CAN I HELP YOU?"...

No no no.. that's not what they do.. usually, they're on the computer.. or stocking behind the counter.. and whenever THEY are ready, you'll get assistance.. Whatsup with this perky chick?... So, I purchased my stuff, asked for cigs.. all the while she smiled... maintained eye contact... idle chit chat.. smiled <-- the whole damn time, and finally opened even greater smile and said "Hey... thanks!"..... I said, "close your ears... you're the nicest one here!"... Ok, so it was a halfass dig at the others... but it was a compliment to her... I think she "got it."

Receiving a compliment is wonderful. Winging them is just damn near equally as wonderful. Ever heard "you made my day?"... What could be greater?!!!

Complimentary, it's a good thing. You know, like the soap, shampoo and conditioner at a ritzy hotel. Or the cheese ona toothpick at the Osceola Cheese Factory. Free. Have one. A good feel. Like "I won!"

The Principal where I usedta teach (remember? the lady who had no faults until I rode with her as she drove 87 in a 55 mph zone?).. her key phrase about complimenting kids was "catch 'em doing good." Yeah, I likes that.

Think back to the last compliment you received. Twas a feel good eh? Well, let's makea pact to give two for every one we receive. I bet in a year's time, we'll notice more and more and more.

Ok, gotta run. Damn you got nice tits. (Oops, sorry! Well... u did leave cam on!)... I compliment you.. those.. them... lefty/righty... ta-ta now... love, Victurd.

No comments: