Thursday, March 22, 2007

They say that (waking) uppp isssss hararrrrdd to do...

A new day. (Well, for all but Bill Murray.) Your waking up? Have all wits about you?

Whats somea your more favorite waking up stories? Sadder ones? No one wants to remember them….

I remember when (Victor, you’ve already told us this one).. ahm, screw you.. I remember when that dude in fraternity house that always woke us up at 6am singing, showering, loudly.. I remember when we changed his clock so that when the alarm went off at “6:00am”.. it was really 3:00 am. Bastard, he earned it. He was justa tadddddd bit early for breakfast that morning.

I remember waking up the day after mother’s, father’s, sister’s, marriage’s death.. and thinking “please.. let this be a dream”.. and it wasn’t…

I remember waking up.. and not remembering how I got in the bed I was in.. I remember waking up, looking over at the other side and thinking “oh shit… did I really?”…

I’ve woken up with Beagles, mutts, terriers, Maine Coons, Tabbies, Yorkies…

I’ve woken up with halitosis.. bedhead… wet sheets (the waterbed leaked u shit u)..
Cold (the furnace stopped)… hot (only King Maynard’s room had a window unit)… dizzy (combined waterbed/upset tummy don’t do well together.)…

With her, her, her, her, her, her, her and her.. Mighta missed one or two along the way, but who’s counting… I think I even remembered being woken up to “hell yeah I will” a time or two.. whadda way to start a day..

Woken up to new jobs, new clothes, no clean clothes, no undies (SHIT, how’d that happen and where are they?)..

Woken up to “a new day”.. .”same ole same ole”.. “shit.. this is the day.. I’m scared.”.. “outdoors.”.. “in the car” <-- blackjack until 5:30am coupled with 5-6 beers…

As we age, and when we wake up.. we say “Hey, thanks Lord.” For ya never know.

Waking up is exciting. It’s like turning a corner on a road ya never been. Like anything, we can either choose to like the scenery, or we can bitch about it… or.. if we ain’t ready for either – we can roll back over for a few.. I remember waking up once and peeking out window and thinking to self “fuckin’ A Ray.. I’m REALLY in Hawaii.”

I’ve hit the snooze button anywhere from 1 -10 times. I’ve called work shortly after waking up and said “it just ain’t happenin’ today.”… The other day.. wasa runnin’ late.. woke up.. called in.. (continual running/fun banter with supervisor).. said “ahm, I had two flat tires and I ran outta gas, will be about ten minutes late.”

We wake up to a new day, new jobs, new cities, new beds, same ole beds, new mates, old mates, no mates, dogs, cats, cats and dogs, day’s off, Rainy days, Mondays, Winter Spring Summer and Fall, phone calls, door knocks, kids cryin’, bacon fryin’, the aroma of coffee, the steam whistle of tea.. we wake up at different ages, different times, different (or no) outfits..

In college, I seen dudes wake up with just one eyebrow (serves ‘em right for getting shnockered, acting the fool).. with gummy hair (serves ‘em right for stealing our Johnson’s Baby Shampoo.. look at it positively, u can wipe some syrup off with your fingers and put it on your pancakes.. with magic marker writing allover.. outside, naked.. all kindsa stuff.

Is there simply anything better than waking up? Yes Victor there is. Yeah, you’re right I guess.. but waking up beats the hell outta the alternative.. Victor, you said “I resolve to write one blog a week about something OTHER than yourself.”

Ok. I promise. Tomorrow, when I wake up – I will. May we all wake up tomorrow. However, please live today likeya might not. I loveya I loveya I loveya I loveya, Victurd.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What's saddest is when we have a chance to "wake up" but continue to hit the "snooze". And then we blame the "alarm" when we're late...like the "alarm" caused us to miss the boat, opportuinity, warning signs. Damn alarm! I'm a morning gal, Victurd. Happy weekend