Sunday, March 04, 2007

That was the week that was....

Sunday... so long ago I don't remember...

Monday... $3 hotwings (for 12 of em) at the Landing... Call me a tightwad... Earned... And of course the 3rd place in the Golden T bowling tourney....

Tuesday... Dinner at the Daily Limit. Owner is heap big MU fan... $3.95 "any burger on the menu"(is there a pattern here?). and they're (the burgers) big sum'bitches... Good company.. Nice time... Ceptin' threw up on the way home. (I knew you'd love hearing that one... I guess my chili burger was just a tad too spicy for me.)... Almost threw up later as a 21 year old and I continued our disagreement as to who should purchase his cigs and beer. (Thanks again Grundy for the 'calm' in me... I needed it.)

Wednesday... How's that one dude's song go? Now I've, had, the time of my life... Dinner at food fast Italian joint (the Bronx, highly recommend).. you can even write your name on wall if u so desire... or, even draw a picture of Fred Flintsone... Raining like hell... Why is it the man's role to go grab car, pull up close? A drenched mo-fo I was.... Hailstorm (Thank goodness it waited until I got inside the car).... Me thinks He was just reminding who is in charge.... Stomp... light, fun, amazing, and not nearly as noisy as people believe it is... However, I hate young people who are soooo GD limber... Ameristar... slots (lost), blackjack (won), and penny slots (won). Great company, great time. An evening I'd like to repeat over and over and over. Rectom only time will tell.

Thursday.. More beer/cig discussion (Caller ID at work... after first hateful phone call.. no more calls answered... four ugly messages, and fifth was "honeymoon-I'm sorry") followed by someone who got off work and purposely avoided going home. Hmm, wonder why? Liquor influenced blog later that night about the big "O". Sorry, I guess. Again, me thinks He has something to do with that. I mean, if men could figure out women, wouldn't life be boring?

Friday... Friend's 49th bd.. Two beers after work with co-workers... back to Liberty... snoozed early...

Saturday... Reffed four games, schedule all screwed up... was sposedta do six... glad it was screwed up... I gotta nap in between games 1 and 2... Hada little kid who'd earlier in the game grabbed this kids T-shirt with a vengence... later... I musta missed the first lick.. same kid running down court with hellbent look on face... caught up to and purposely kicked the kid he was guarding... blew whistle... walked up to him... said "hey... that's a little too much aggression... this is basketball, not football." Three minutes later, coach says "is everything Ok with #14?"... Shit, he was ballin' his eyes out. (First grader). Reckon I shoulda phrased it some other way, but I think he got the point.... Dinner at Mexican joint with fellow ref/fraternity brother... good time... asked him about who had impact on his life... was interesting to learn "both grandma's.. one had everything, the other had nothing, yet they both had the same morals." Cool. Way cool. Alrighty then you sum'bitches - said with love - IF YOU WON'T COMMENT HERE ABOUT IMPACTIVE PEOPLE - ask someone about theirs... my buddy almost started crying... was a good thing.....
Bed, early again.

Sunday.... Breakfast/newspaper/coffee/people watching at Hy Vee.. Drove to Blingville to give friend small present.... Nap... (There seems to be a nap/tightwad pattern here ain't there?).. It's me it's me it's Earnest T. Sorry. Tis. During nap, had bizzare dream, and only sharing 'cause I never remember dreams.... Walked into old fraternity house... was in room fixing computer... cords everywhere... someone very fervently trying to open door... cords were blocking... thought to self "now whointhehell would continue to try when it's in plain GD sight there are cords there?".. knew right after I saw. "Come on down... "XYZ" (Trucking company) is here... we need to apologize." Didn't understand that one - but went... bizarre setting... was in living room of frat house... various folks (Some co-workers, but mostly friends from past) - all laying on floor in jammies with blankets and pillows ... placed my bod in between two that were mostly covered up... the chick on my right though (a friend) - she had her shirt hiked up and her jammie pants hiked down to where like 4 inches of her butt was exposed... when I saw the face I was shocked, as she heap big religious person... rectom we all wear different outfits to bed huh?... XYZ chicky tried talking... Irish band was walking thru living room (WHY are dreams wierd like this? WHY ain't they like real life?)... XYZ chicky tries four times to begin speaking... noise first three, then band for last one... "That does it, I've never been so humiliated in my life." Starts putting on coat... heading for door... I stop her.. tell her "hey, we're sorry.. none of us intended for any of this to take place... we apologize... " She came back, sat down.. took coat off.. started talking about trucking.. then she said "nah, that's ok." Somehow she was smiling, but maybe still hurting... So, volunteered to show her around fraternity house. It usedta be kinda interesting. Tried going to basement. Ceptin they were having a Haunted House down there for charity. (Why ain't dreams like real life?) CJ was there.. Hell, I didn't recognize her (dressed hauntingly) until she was halfway through telling me something (All I remember hearing was something about cats, mice and poison) but it was so damn noisy I didn't catch it all - but I detected from what little I heard she was a dog person.... Took her (XYZ chick) back toward kitchen, opened door, and insteada the kitchen there was a huge, wonderful inside commercial mall attached. Sum'bitch, the house had changed. By this time, I noticed chicky was trying to hold my hand and actually was coming on to me.. I shoulda known it was a dream 'cause that shit just never happens.... She talked as if from foreign country... I was uncomfy as hell... The bar musta just been openin', for every step we'd take she got uglier and uglier and I noticed more warts, moles, facial deformities.. Forgot her name, so asked. Pronounced like Sven (thought that was dude's name) but spelled with a G. She asked me if I knew such-n-such pro golfer (I'd heard the name.. didn't know whatinthehell country he was from though)... and boom, I woke up. Dreams are eerie ain't they?

Then I went to the computer and wrote blog on that was the week that was. I'll never understand why people call me weird. Hopin' you keep a mental diary on your weeks, or, at least think about 'em at weeks end as you lay to study eyelids. Love ya, Victurd.
*Addendum... went to gym (FINALLY)... only did eight reps of everything... skipped the crunches (I'll ease into this crap)... got on the elliptical... had aim for 30 minutes... started coughing.. changed aim to 20 minutes... coughed s'more.. dirty looks had me offa there at 16 minutes... Got up on scale... placed fingers over eyes... slowly opened them... GD, 194. (Last gym check was like 214)... I guess that's what a 4 week cold does to one... or, what softness does to one... I ain't real sure now if I wanna gain or if I wanna lose. Crap!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I used to fantasize about being at an "all-nighter" at the Sigma Nu house, dressed "hauntingly", but trust me..I was not 54 at the time!!!!
And yes, dream or no dream.. I AM A DOG PERSON!!! C.J.