Monday, March 26, 2007

Please Mr. Custer.... I don't wanna grow.(old)...

Whadda you do to fight off feeling 'old'? Are you onea those (I hate) that exercises four times a week and actually shops/cooks based upon all the food groups.. nothing processed.. no preservatives?

Well, that ain't what I meant.. but if you do that... good for you. Too GD hard for me, so I tryta stay young via other methods.

You'll never hear me say "well... I really think I look (blank) years younger than I really am. I mean hell, my face has had fitty-four years of sun (Kendra, I HATE you for noting that the other day)... my body has worked at some physical occupations where I'm relatively certain that crap wore me down insteada built me up.

My (truly subconsious) effort to stay young... ok... feel young.. Sound better? :
Continue to hang around youth. Ya ever sit down at a Bingo Hall? Mostly sucks. They're kind of "full court basketball." Oh, I usedta go with my ex mother in law - and we had a blast amongst the zombies... but not my idea of "hell yeah.. now THIS is life."

Go eat a meal with AARPS, and you become one. Go eat with young punks and your mind kinda tends to think young. I keep bringin' up my ex mother inlaw - but she's a prime example.. Hell, she pitched slow pitch until she was 60... she (ahm, could be one of two, so don't go arrest her, and again remember, my name is Sanford Alexander Merrill McCann... k?) smoked pot at age 70-something... She hung with young, she stayed young - in brain. I think AARPS that ONLY hang with AARPS somehow have given up on the feel of exuberance. I ain't a know-it-all (Victor, sometimes you come across as that's what we detect you think you are).. No, no, no... just my observations..

Seriously. See, I try not to do that 'cause when I do, it gets me in trouble. Serious leads to overwhelming, to worry.. Oh I know the work times, and the daily interaction times you gotta be serious - but I choose the other path. Whenever I go smoke a cig at work, I ALWAYS either flip Kendra off over the cubicle wall.. or... I use my ring finger so she'll know it's the PG version with NC-17 intent.

And ya know what? Young people (most) LIKE older people. Uh huh, it's true. God Bless everyone out there who's conversed, cared, loved, wanted to hang around with someone a bit older. But Victor, ain't this contrary to your Bingo "zombie" remark? Yeah.. GOOD POINT! But I think the setting alone bodes old. I do love old people... I still have the little kid "I can learn from this person" and "I wanna hear their story and tryta place myself in their shoes in that era."

When I FINALLY have enough money for retirement... I'm gonna (I swear I'm gonna) volunteer with youth... Let's see, if I stay on course, I can coach T-Ball when I'm around 109 (I hate the fucking "rule of 72")... be a Troup leader at 112...

Frienda mine. She's a granny. The 'inlaw' granny buys the kids whatever they want. I detected from the conversation - while very nice, she wasn't fun - and, perhaps has difficulty in seeing things from 3 foot off the ground. Friend says "I want them to thinka me as the 'cool granny'. " Somehow, I think they've already caught on. Kinda like playing with hounds... ya get down on their level, life is good.

Exuberance. Life. Smiling. Complimenting. Teasing. Saying stuff to others about howya feel about them. Not sweating the little stuff. Not getting too up, not getting too down. Being serious on those times whenya gotta be - but not letting it drone over into everyday life.
ACTING/THINKING YOUNG WITH PEOPLE YOUR OWN AGE. Dat ain't a crime.

Well... clock on the wall says 'get the hell away from the computer." So I will... right after I have a small dosea Grecian Formula... one Tagamet... some Ensure.. uh huh, Gas-X... Ben Dover - Preparation H.. A lil Lotrimin.. put on a Depend.. and head thataway.

Young rocks. Rocking chairs suck. May the youth of the world say "we will we will rock you." Night night now, love, Victurd.

No comments: