Monday, March 26, 2007

The terrier 'worried' the rat.......

Holy guacamole… the origin of the word worry comes from when a Terrier would take a rat in it’s mouth and literally shake (worry) it to death. I ‘spose simple deduction would tell one that ain’t a real pretty word then eh? (Victor, are you talking to me or to you?)… Well, you asshole (said with love) YES I was worried about me worrying (Oh boy).. but, it too could be for us all couldn’t it?

Worry: To strangle or constrict. Choke, strangle….

S’more: to afflict with mental distress or agitation… to feel or experience concern or anxiety..

I promiseya this blog won’t be whittled down to a GD Blogictionary where all we do is takea word and explore it… (I worry that’d runya off…. Oops.) But the last few (to me anyways) have been kinda interesting.. overwhelming… private.. and now worry…

Oh so many things out there we worry about.. does my boss like me… what can I do about this weight problem.. when will I die…

IF YOU REPEAT THIS I SWEAR I WILL COME HUNT YOU DOWN --- HUNT YOU DOWN!.... Ahm, my sister usedta call me Alfred E. Newman. Those of you that are raisins, like me, have probably peed ur pants with laughter.. if you’re too young to remember Alfred, GOOD. Alfred was a redheaded-freckle-faced turd in Mad Magazine who didn’t have a care in the world. His catch phrase was “What? Me worry?”… and of course he didn’t.. He was fictitious, but had he been real he probably woulda lived well into his nineties, in spitea his smart-assedness and behavior problems..

Worries are universal, and it’s estimated a third of all doctors appointments are due to worry, or anxiety. So whadda we do to combat? We try to chase away worries by eating too much, drinking to excess, taking drugs, prescription and otherwise, only to find we can’t eliminate worry.

So how do we get ridda worry? Hell I dunno, but I’m glad I gotta computer infronta me.. Oh wait, the GD AT&T Yahoo ain’t working.. no connection… I’m worried… BASTARDS.. It’s Sunday, there’sa brochure RIGHT INFRONTA me says “techs available 24/7” but when I call it’s “Sorry, please call back during regular business hours.”… Bait and Switch. Yippee Yahoo.

I DON’T KNOW HOW TO GET RIDDA WORRY… WOULD I BE HERE IF I DID? Oh, sorry. It was just that the shoulders are hurtin’ ya know… somewhere between the nape and the scapula… I reckon worry does it.

I found one quickie I liked. No, not a ‘woman quickie’, an answer quickie. Said “Do not worry about that which you cannot change.” Wow. I likes that. Maynard? No worry? Ah hell, the only time you can change a man is when he’s a baby anyways. No but that is sound, decent, simple advice. I likes it. I hate when people zero in like that.

If you believe that feeling bad or worrying long enough will change a past or future event, then you are residing on another planet with a different reality system.
William James

There are some positives to worry: plan for future… motivation to solve problem.. rehearse responses.. an attempt to express care, concern and love.

Combatting: learn about fear.. develop self confidence.. realize most worrisome events never occur.. intuition/preparation.. we’ve survived past similar events…

Or… someone suggested: Don’t worry alone. Contact another – even if you don’t even mention whatinthehell you’re worrieda bout.. Get facts.. makea plan (based upon facts)… take care of yourself – sleep, diet, exercise, human contact.. finally.. let worry die.

Shit, so much to remember, I worry I’ll forget some of it. Hehe. Hard to imagine life without worry – but me thinks if we decreased worry – there’d be less need for: plastic surgeons.. barkeeps to lean on.. wasted Dr office visits.. funner things to write blogs about (oops, sorry)..

So, let’s not sweat the small stuff. If your significant other is tiny, then sweat with the small stuff. If SO is larger – then sweat with the big stuff. Crap happens, it’s eventual. Inbetweengst, a lotta good goes on. When we worry – we have blinders to it. I hereby promise to never cuss, spit, fart, smoke, drink, gamble or worry again. DAMMIT I FORGOT. I’ve already done NY resolutions. Ok, remind me to add that one next year. I worry. You won’t forget will you? Love, WorryWarturd…

1 comment:

Check engine light said...

Catom... I worry about you! Hehe.