Sunday, March 11, 2007

Mick was right...

Yesterday's societal way was to plan, grunt it out, and eventually whatever it was you'd set your dreams upon was yours.. Not always, but for many...

Today's society prefers the "snap of your finger" want/need... "I want what I want and I want it now".... and it just rarely (as in never-ever) works...

You can't always get what you want.... No you can't always get what you want...

I want: Money - plenty... I want - to get the hell outta this house.. I want: "her"... I want: "us"... I want: "forever and ever"... I want: A Super Bowl, A World Series, An NBA Team, Several State Championships, and William Jewell to win the NAIA...

I want a house inbetween Clearwater and St. Petersburg... and one @ Hana, on Maui... And one in the country here (hell, still gotta 'bowl' upon occasion.).. Maybe one just outsidea Estes Park for July and August... I wanna walkin the High Limit room at the Ameristar - not to be uppity (that's never been a dream) - just to feel the rush of playing for 1K versus $10.

I want a peaceful Iraq... I want world harmony... I want us all to mate and screw so much that one day we'll all be the same color and discrimination will be forever impossible... I want to never hear the words kidnapped, misappropiated, molested, sodomized, stabbed, shot, drive by, murdered, raped, mugged, car bomb, assasinate again.

Selfish wants: damn, look at that butt... Goodness she's gotta nice body... would you look at those heavenly eyes.. oh to be up close to that skin tone...

I want to be young(er) again... I want to steal a base... stretch a single into a double... dive to make a catch without worrying abouta $50 co-pay... to "stuff" something larger than a tennis ball (small GD hands I have)... I want larger hands... I want a larger - oh, never mind on that one.. (the bastards KEEP sending me those enlargement emails... how do they know?!!!)

My nuclear family back... A weekend at my grandparents.. To be seven and to stare at the large, overflowing pile of Christmas gifts under the cedar tree...

I want my son to be 13 (thus, I'd be 46) and the chance to know what I know now - and the chance to do it allover again - and be hella more forceful...

You can't always get what you want... No you can't always get what you want.... But if you try sometimes well you just might find, that ya get what you need... well said Mick - almost 40 years ago now - but rings so true today..

So - we 'customize' our wants into those more attainable... I want happy. Sure, we know that ain't gonna be 100% of time - but we can control a large GD portion of that want... I want "her" - nope,that can't be forced, and one can only control one - but it's a dream I'll never give up on....

Maybe, just maybe before I keel - one of those sports "wants" will come true. I readjust my want of "that butt... that bod... those eyes... that skin" to "wow - she's pretty!"... I can dig out pics and vids of yesteryear - and again "be there" with sister, mother, father, g-parents, me as snotnose, cousins, lost friends, etc...

The "athlete" thing is maybe still real - and people laughed at me ten years ago when I high jumped and long jumped in the Show Me games... Fuck 'em, I just might try again... Not so much to say "hey look, I can still do it" <-- which I know I can't - or at least can't like I kinda-sorta could.. but moreso to say "screw you Father Time" I ain't done running, jumping, living - just yet.

I can't go back to son 13, me 46... but I can still have the same wants/desires for him - and rededicate myself to assist in him attaining those wants any way I can... I need to readjust the hitch-in-the-get-along thought process of "pain in the butt" to "get his little butt a goin."

You can't always get what you want... No you can't always get what you want... To me though, to give up on life's wants is to basically give up. Dream. Visualize.. Want... Plan.. Piece by piece.. Stick-to-it-ness... Positive approach... Fuckin' A Ray (I know I say that too much, and I promise you I rarely - if ever - say it in public but damn it's a wonderful saying. When wants come true.. When you see the loved ones still on the planet... When a kiss is wonderful... When touch is so right... When you hear glimpses of "good heart" in those you worry/almost give up on... Close your ears: that Big "O"... wonderful life pictures live... Fuckin A Ray... beats the hell outta "Damnit Jim"...

But if you try sometimes well you just might find, that ya get what you need... want today... dream today... visualize today... hope today... love today... accept loving today... give today... We need alla them. Thanks for being here, I want ya. I needya. Love, Victurd.

No comments: