Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Regular.....

I like regular. “He’s a regular ole feller.”…..

Thanks to the way I eat, I’m ‘regular.’

Waking up daily – those first few moments – virtually always the same – thinking about the day ahead… Making that same trek to the john to wash up – getting ridda yesterday’s gooey… The feel of immersing one’s head in the water – a regular ole good feel.

Hitting up the gas station.. “Annette” is all I know – but she’s a jewel. Same ole regular smile, as if she never has a bad day. That 20 ounce cuppa coffee bought – the great, first regular ole sip. An eye opener. Seeing others on their regular way – we’re lucky – and we probably take it for granted…

The same ole same ole (regular) drive. First time I did it – I looked for markers – places where I could exit should checkenginelight gimme headaches. Now, I don’t even notice the view. Regular old daydreaming. Nice to be driving, think about someone or something nice – and to have a great, regular smile.

Pulling into work lot. Regular ole cars are there. Regular ole smiles/greetings – and bantering back and forth the regular ole “how are you”’s and “whatsup”s…

My regular spot. My butt has molded my regular ole chair into something akin to a sleep number bed. Talking to my regulars – I see the area codes on caller ID, and have a special/goofy greeting for each. With regularity, I will either answer with their name and (“Mid-Atlantic this is Jessica can I help you”) company, or, with “welcome to Pizza Hut, would this be dine in or carry out?” The regulars got my goofy crap down – but regularly I’ll fool one or two a week.

Regular irregular fun emails tossed back and forth to the regular crowd. Regular “hey, what are we doin’ for lunch?” banter…

Regular drive home.. regular ole ideas on what to do for the evening.. regular monitor staring nightly.. and ohhhhhhhhh, that regular ole water bed I love. One last cig staring up at the ceiling, wondering what the regular ole day tomorrow will be like – and remembering special goodies from the day just spent. Cats in regular ole spots. House regularly needing cleaning. Fridge regularly saying “feed me”.

Hope not to take regular for granted. Regular is so, so special. Sorry this was a regular ole blog. Same regular love toya – and may you laugh so hard sometime in this regular day you have pee pee drips… or may you love so hard on this regular ole day it gives your regular ole heartbeat a little bitta irregularity. Love, Victurd.

No comments: