Saturday, February 17, 2007

Yucky.......

If there's teeter, there's gotta be totter. Gallant, must have Goofus. Light wouldn't exist without dark. Market highs, market lows. Rollercoasters go up, so they must too come down. Yummy wouldn't be here without yucky.

My yuckies:

Whenever sleep is the first thing on one's mind.
When you realize the bad shit from today is the result of yesterday's actions - and it's too GD late to do anything about it.
When an overbearing person is bearing in on you.
A loss to KU.

Thirty-seven minutes until work... you open the undie drawer and realize the last clean pair is now adorning your son's butt.
A 35 minute drive to work infronta ya... you got 33 minutes... and the gas tank is empty...
Awaiting an email that takes forever and a day to finally arrive.
All the bills are paid, spending money is rationed - and you awake (on a Sunday) to realize the furnace ain't working and it's 42 degrees (inside)...

You have a conversation with one you've seeded - about drugs, life, violence, death, jail, future, depression, 'goals', family - you take a deep breath and think "How in the fuck did all those ideas come from me? They are soooo contrary to my beliefs." Bummer, as in major bummer - followed closely by throwing hands up. Can brains ripen after 21?

I spose I'd better get the hell outta here... A continuing theme I hear from many "keep up your positive, upbeat attitude" and I try. I mostly succeed - but there are the depths... and I suppose like sales... every "no" brings one that much closer to "yes". Thirty-eight friggin consecutive days of Fridgedaire assist in making the first t-shirt day a wonder.

Lips without touch finally touching another's perhaps make the rollercoaster ride more bearable. Life, and our attitudes, are a choice. Sometimes though, no matter the effort - down happens. If you occasionally spin your wheels like I, may there be better traction days ahead.

With thanks to REO: Ridin' the storm out, waitin' for the thaw out...On a full moon night in the Rocky Mountain winter. My wine bottle's low, watching for the snow I've been thinking lately of what I'm missing in the city.
And I'm not missing a thing... Watchin' the full moon crossing the range.. Ridin' the storm out.. Ridin' the storm out. ......... The wind outside is frightening, but it's kinder than the lightning life in the city.... It's a hard life to live but it gives back what you give...

What goes up, must come down. BUT, what goes down, must come UP! Don't fret for me, for I love life so.. all of it. Happy happy, Victurd

No comments: