Saturday, February 17, 2007

Ya do the hokey pokey and you turn yourself around...

That's what it's all ABOUT! Ok, risking hokey (my plates are expired, Feb/'07)... don't care... gotta gotta get outta the house (We gotta get outta this place... if it's the last thing we EVER do")... yes... going 'bowling'... which, is fancy for putting way too much money in that machine, perhaps just enough money in jukebox (Temps, Dixie Chicks, Thoroughgood, Clarence Carter Clarence Carter, Chantilly Lace [I'm old GD it], Ring of Fire [plz see "I'm old"], Tracy Chapman [damn that moves me], Little diddy 'bout Jack and Diane, etc., etc., etc, and washing it all down with Miller Lite.

It's a repeated evening. The same ole's will be there... We'll repeat same ole shit... ask same ole questions... see same ole laughs... have same ole hugs... watch the "Hillbilly Hearthrob" pickup the best looking chick in the place (A blog for another day)... give Patty (the grumpy exterior/wonderfully warm inside barkeep) shit... burn Georges, Hamiltons, and whoever is on the twenty....

We'll say "NO NO, not another, I gotta get home" and repeat that a time or two... Juuuuuust enough feel good to turn a frown upside down... jusssst enough expanding of energy/brain cells to fall asleep the moment I hit the hay (or water as this case may be.)....

Sad perhaps, that I look forward to that. But I do. I will forget about Maynard's situation/dispostion, whether the damn cats have been fed... the two days worth of work I missed last Wed/Thur piled up on my desk... The "cha-ching" furnace coming on again.... and again... The unfounded fear of "oh shit, what if this eye surgery crap doesn't work"... Future unfounded predictions of "she can't keep her legs together"... Getting the hell away from this monitor/bedroom/house (and God love him - kid). I do love him, but if he's had 3-4 beers, you'd have to be here to understand my hell.

So. Light. And Lite. And night-light. I wish I wasn't so white so I could dance like everyone ain't watching. Ya do the hokey pokey and you turn this mood around - that's what it's all about!

I love you. I love your eyeballs. I love life. We got winners, we got losers, Chain smokers and boozers - And we got yuppies, we got bikers -We got thristy hitchhikers -And the girls next door dress up like movie stars-Hmm, hmm, hmm I love this bar... (The bar I'm going to "the girls next door dress up like movie stars" MAY BE pushing it a bit... but then I too realize I'm perhaps somewhere on the spectrum between Lyle Lovette and Alec Baldwin (probably closer to Lyle - WHAT WAS JULIA THINKING?!!) - so who am I to talk.

Seeya tomorrow with a smile on my face.... if I ain't doin' the hokey pokey. Love, Victurd

No comments: