Sunday, February 04, 2007

Welcome to Popeye's.....

"I'll be with you in a second."

GD. Cold. I'm in the "grumpy ole man with flu/cold symptoms - and can hardly talk mode". I'd put on sweats and finally made it outta the house - first time all weekend. GD, the hell's he doin? Ain't no cars infronta me. Parking lot's empty. Wow, wind chill like 2 below.. I gotta keep this window down in case he comes back... brrr... ain't seen snot freeze like this since Loveland '95.. My voice faint, my disposition "c'mon dammit" and the checkenginelight heater so-so. Twas twiddling my fingers perhaps 'cause the wait was bugging me - but too just so the sum'bitches wouldn't all freeze up on me. I mean hell, I remember Topsy. (<- town character when we were kids - rumored to have lost phalanges due to them being frozen.)

"Sorry about your wait, may I help you?"... Twas just then I realized I ain't talked aloud in quite awhile... Pleading for help from above, and the muscles below - I mustered out "3-piece dinner/water."

"MAY I HELP YOU?" NOOOOO... I'm HERE!!!! I just can't yell.. I've smoked too many GD cigs, I gotta cold in my system - I feel like doggy doo, and..... "i just wanna 3 piece dinner/water."

"Spicy or original sir?" Whew, at least he heard me. Spicy's fine.

What keeps people here? I'm sure you could digup old blogs where I rambled on and on giddily about "oh... gotta have the seasons... one wouldn't appreciate it if you didn't have 'em." Well... changed my mind.

For years, hadta move wherever my folks moved. Later, was my/our own family's decision - and I was only parta the tally... With apologies to Tommy and The Who - "I'M FREE"... So, why do I stay?

Buddy o' mine I worked with in the airline industry was originally from St. Petersburg, FL... He usedta say "yeah... we'd get the snowbirds... they'd ride down here in the upstairs cabin... and some time later we'd send 'em back in the lower compartment." (the cargo hold)... Well, ya know - at least they had the kutzpah to have that time inbetween.

I don't visit as much as I should now with my son, my nieces... Mebbe if I lived somewhere neat, they'd come see ME!

"SIR!".... SIR!!!... SIRRRRRR!!.. THAT'LL BE $5.69 please!..... "Thanks".. damn. Sometimes daydreams can be orgasmic. I've always dreamed of living so far out - I could go get the morning paper in my undies. Think I'm gonna switch that dream to "gonna live someplace where, on Groundhog's Day, I can go get the morning paper in my shorts - and I'll be comfy - not cold."

If I told you what it takes to reach the highest high,You'd laugh and say 'nothing's that simple 'But you've been told many times before Messiahs pointed to the door And no one had the guts to leave the temple! I'm free-I'm free And freedom tastes of reality I'm free-I'm free. And I'm waiting for you to follow me...... Then again, I guess I could drive myself!

May your thoughts be warm, your house comfy, and your "urges" fiery! Happy day, Victurd.

No comments: