Tuesday, April 24, 2007

What's in a name?

(Yeah, kinda sorta taking another night off... the 'oomph' just ain't been there to write... A wierd feel... I thought about playing softball - and a fly ball came to me - and a few years back it woulda been so so easy to haul it in... and now there's this self doubt... I guess I've felt that about writing of late... so, instead, I search... had fun... but it's kinda lame... found some names I like... got any you can add?)

Alright dammit, stand back... this blog is about sports... and team names... So, click on Oprah.com if you don't wanna be here... Go see who's predicted to get booted on American Idol.... Hell, go exfoliate if you wanna...

My alltime fav... our intramural football team in college (and I'm sure there are literally hundreds having same name):
"The Nads." And yes, we'd scream from the sidelines "GO NADS!"....

Some fun (to me) real High School Mascots:

Centralia, IL - "Orphans"/"Orphan Annies"

Codben, IL - "Appleknockers" (Didn't say what the boys team was called, hehe)

Watersmeet, MI - "Nimrods"

Fair Lawn, NJ - "Cutters"

Sleepy Hollow, NY - "Headless Horsemen"

Wellington, OH - "Dukes"

BellBuckle, TN (The Webb School) - "Feet"

Poca, WV - "Dots"

Minneapolis (Roosevelt) - "Teddies"

And a shout out to a Middle School team:

Penrose Beavers (PMS Beavers)

Volleyball team names?

To Kill a Blocking Nerd

Orville Ready-blocker

Boutros Boutros-Volley

Beavis and Bump-head

Twelve Bad Knees (A Masters Team)

Softball

Hugh Jass Construction

Fat Men Farting

Tig O Bitties

Semi-pro

Rock Ridge Drunken Irish
(Mascot: Hank the Angry Leprechuan)
Mascot Antics: A drunken, angry Hank leaves a trail of green vomit wherever he goes. Buy him a Big Beer and in return, Hank will shower you with gold... if you know what I mean. Once in the playoffs with the score tied and the bases loaded, the manager sent Hank in to pinch hit. Instead of drawing a game winning base-on-balls, Hank dry-humped the umpire's leg resulting in immediate ejaculation.

Ok, that's probably made up, but I liked it. Hope one or two gave you a chuckle. I hope that you Tuesday is spectacular. Hey, let's try to get aholda someone we ain't gotten ahold of in a long time. Mebbe write a snail mail? Email someone that doesn't feel like they're in the 'loop', and make 'em feel like they are? Let's tell a minimum of three people "hey, have a nice day"... two "you look nice today"... Victor, you're getting sappy... yeah it's late... Goodbye Tuesday. Seeya next week. Hello Wednesday, I hope. Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep; And if I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take...
Loveya, Victurd.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ok...here is one. But you know I travel so much I don't remember the town. It was either in North or South Dakota.
The HS mascot was The Midgets.

(wooo that is scary. ie: The Tigers vs. The Midgets)