Friday, April 06, 2007

Reflections....

Mirrors are funny. Yes, they do have those funny mirrors where you appear super tall… super short… super round… super funny… (Where the hell are all those old things? I guess you don’t haveta insert a quarter – or a dollar in ‘em, so, what’s the u$e nowadays$ huh?.. the hell ever happened to good, clean, inexpensive fun..  Victor, you’re an old, crotchety, whiney-butt. Uh huh, can be.) But here today, I’m talking the regular ones.. the ones that give the true reflection…

We see it every day – and there’s no discernable change from day to day… but over the course of the days, months, years – wow how things change.

People appear. They grow. They age. Then they disappear.

Sometimes – “hey, there’s a different mate standing by me – what’sup with that?”

Our mirrors have seen us have headaches, bedhed, wet hair, finely stroked hair, pimples, cuts, broken bones, thin bods, not so thin bods, smiles, frowns, happiness, sadness, indifference, guilt, pride, grandparents, parents, youth, siblings, our children, dogs, cats – mirrors tell the story of our lives – one day at a time.

Mirrors can be aggrevating… I remember my sister standing infronta mirror for six hours before a three hour date. I remember her saying “Oh Vanda… you’re sooooo beautiful” and her little brother would pretend to stick his finger down his throat as if to gag. Little did I know that’d be a moment many years later I’d cherish – and regret I’ll never see it again.

Mirrors, like that Dickens guy writes, see us in the best of times and in the worst of times. Mirrors, like life, get dirty, and clean. Mirrors can dull.. and then shine.. They can be dim… and bright… Foggy, soggy and dry…

Victor, this is one of the dumbest blogs you’ve ever done. No. No it isn’t dickweed.  Friend used that the other day, kinda liked it. Ain’t 100% sure whatinthehell it means. I mean, do penis’s have sprouts? But no, it’s certainly within your rights to classify it as dumb. I – love mirrors. No, doesn’t mean I like what I see every time, but mirrors afford the opportunity to mentally talk to one’s self.

Sure, they can communicate “hey… you look good today!”… or… “Good God, go get two more hours of sleep you goof!”.. But they can also make us think – ok, I’m looking at you.. as I’ll be looking at others today.. do I choose to smile? Well, let’s see.. Try a frown out… K.. No, no – that ain’t lookin’ too good. Well then flip that sucker upside down.. HEY, you’re right – life (and this mirror) DO look a lot better when I smile! I reckon I’ll try that today.

Ok Mr. Pollyanna.. surely you’ve flipped the mirror off a day or two in your life. Uh huh, have. Have also turned the GD lights off ‘cause I didn’t like the relection I saw… Mirrors don’t lie however.

Oh but if only they were video recorders and they could talk and playback our entire lives – wouldn’t that be spiffy? Please reflect on how you wanna live the remainder of your life. Reckon we gotta remember that we’ll change more over the years. Thankfully – there’s no great hurry to have that change – so.. mebbe let’s try to put as much into the hours we’re afforded each day… Ahm, Victor, where do you get off telling us – HEY – wait. I’ve told you, when I write I talk to ME just as much, if not more – than I do you. And.. about me and "getting off" - like that's s'morea your business!

Next time ya look in the mirror... think it's time we stop - hey-ey what's that sound, everybody look at what's goin' down... or.. take a moment to see everyone that's been in your life.. in your mirror... they're there.. even the ones that may have left on bad terms... tis cool.. our mirrors are our life.. please enjoy your reflections as you do look back.

Reflect on being thankful for yesterday. Remind yourself to reflect happiness today. Realize change comes tomorrow. Slowly it comes, but it does come – so.. today, I’m gonna try to practice and reflect a smile – and hopefully it will carry over into the regular old world. Kiss the mirror. You should. You’re spiffy. Love, Victurd.

No comments: