Friday, April 13, 2007

That and this.......

Rocks off… leads to rocks off… Penguins in Chicago’s Shedd Aquarium are tickled pink zookeepers have just dumped a loada small rocks in their habitat. “What’s going on here is a very exciting day for the penguins,” said Gretchen Freimuth, senior marine trainer at the Shedd. “This actually cues the birds to start pairing up and building those nests.”

Some birds didn’t wait (GD male pig penguins), but, Freimuth added “once the rocks are put out, we’ll see a lot more of that activity.” Both sexes help in the nest building.. They’ll even steal from one another to build their nest.. .and, in some 23 days eggs will start to appear.

I think we should learn here. Insteada bars like having cover charges, having to pay for bands, expensive mixed drinks, HD TV’s, that crap.. I think they should put all those funds into rocks. Long about 11pm, just dumpa load right in the middlea the floor. Singles could start pairing up and building those nests. Rock steady.

--------------------------

Four years ago, “Mickey” a Boston terrier disappeared from his Lees Summit, Missouri home. The family had given up hope of finding him. Ring. On the other line was a rep from an animal shelter in Billings, Montana, some 1,100 miles away. Seems the hound had been microchipped… the shelter called the microchip company.. was given the name of a vet clinic in Lees Summit.. and Mickey and owners were reunited.

Owners say “he looks different, doesn’t remember his name, and his teeth show signs of wear and tear.” It’s hell gettin’ old, even if you’re a hound.

---------------------------

Dusty Springfield wrote “You don't have to say you love me, just be close at hand. You don't have to stay forever, I will understand. Believe me, believe me, I can't help but love you, But believe me, I'll never tie you down.”…

Ahm, feller in Minnesota. When his chicky didn’t stay forever, he didn’t tie her down either. But he did make up, and place on 20+ vehicles – bumper stickers – which included: her picture, her address, her phone number and the writing “CALL ME NOW FOR THE BEST.” Hehe, ya gotta love spite. Dammit! How am I supposed to drive AND write the number down at the same time!

----------------------------

Not long ago, at work we gotta “all employee” memo about profanity. This morning, as I was fillin’ up my coffee cup (right outsidea the email sender’s office) I hear this toppa the lungs “SHIT!”. I mean loud. So… I ain’t got George Carlin’s list with me.. but I’m trying to think where that one ranks, and ‘cipher which ones we can now say. I would say ‘damn’ is beneath that. ‘Ass’ surely is ok, maybe even “shitass.” Hell? Hell yes, it’s a place. The “F” one, that might be pushing it, cause it takes two people for that, and ‘shit’ can be done by justa single person. Surely then, doo-doo, caa-caa, poop, “droppa-load”, dung, deficate are Ok eh? F’n A Ray!

Ok, outta ideas. Been fun. Tween now and the next one, I hope you have sex. And I really hope it’s with another person. Love, Victurd.

No comments: