Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Hello darkness my old friend.....

VICTOR!!! NO!!!! If you write another blog about depression, I’m gonna switch to CNN.COM… Or… gonna Google “where do most people put boogers?”… or… gonna go see if Heather’s leg is still attached!

OK OK! NO. This ain’t about dark. It’s about light!

As in… Thank you thank you for the time I worked as a kid hauling appliances for Woody’s and I hooked up an icemaker to the hot water line (and I didn’t get fired!)… thank you thank you…

Thank you thank you for the time recently I was Instant Messaging a friend.. I feel asleep sitting up.. my head bonked the monitor.. it was only like a 5 second nod off.. and they didn’t know!!! Thank you thank you!

Thank you thank you for the time I REALLY had to go #2.. and I drove the City Park and I almost made it to… ahm, nevermind.

Thank you thank you for each and every mile (208,872) on my checkenginelight. Honest officer, I’ll get it licensed soooon (has February 07 plates).. ‘cause I just paid this chicky I know $30 to get an inspection sight-unseen… ahm, nevermind.

Thank you for lettin’ me be myself, agaaaaaain..

Thank you Tim Allen and William Macy for kinda showing you’re aging too (The movie Wild Hogs).. Travolta I hate your guts.

Thank you thank you for placing Kendra as my cubicle mate here at work! Fun! (Except for the time she purposely backed up to my chair and farted.)

Thank you thank you for Fritos, BBQ ribs, Jukeboxes, wonderful smiles, birds chirpin, sunrises, sunsets, The Moon, The Stars, the calm, the storm, emails from a familiar face, pictures that my eyes see that send a smile to my face and a giggle to my belly…

Thank you thank you for all the times in life I’ve gotten outta the car (WallyWorld, Kmart, Piggly Wiggly, Price Chopper, at a movie, etc) and lucked into following a very nice butt. (I could survive on Peanut Butter, Bread, water, and following nice butts.)

Thank you thank you for each and every time I pass someone in the hallway here at work and smiles adorn each of our faces…

Thank you thank you for all the times I say “here kitty kitty” to Jackson (my fat cat) and I get the return look “did you just get here?”….

Thank you thank you for all the eyeballs that occasionally logonto checkenginelight.blogspot.com – you sick, perverted bastards!...

Thank you thank you for the 63% of the time I remember my GD user ID’s and passwords when I go to pay bills…

Thank you thank you for the 66% of the time I dress in the dark and happen to actually put on two brown socks (or black) and for the sense of humor my coworkers exhibit on days when I have one of each and remark “I gotta pair just like ‘em in my drawer at home.”

Thank you thank you for lists that DO have an end!

And the people bowed and prayed - To the neon God they made. And the sign flashed out it’s warning, in the words that it was forming. And the sign said, "the words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenement halls." And whisper’d the sounds of silence.

No comments: