Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Well hell's bells.. What canwe make outta these lemons?

Whack. Do you remember when you were born? No, I don’t either – but the doc gave us a whack to get us growing/jump started… Lifes kinda all about getting whacked.. and reckon we determine which direction to go when that happens…

I just read some wonderful advice about life – and hope you don’t mind me sharing.. It’s from "How To Be Happy,Dammit" -A cynic's guide to spiritual happiness by Karen Salmansohn… She speaks of us needing a whack to get ridda fears… Reckon we all have fears. She tells a story:

“Dope on a rope” --- A criminal is brought before a king for punishment. The king allows the criminal to select his demise by hanging or to face what is behind a large,forboding steel door. The man chooses hanging. As the rope is put around his neck, he asks the king, "What was behind the door?" The king said that almost all the prisoners chose the rope rather than facing the fear of the unknown. The king told him that freedom laid on the other side of the door.It takes courage to change thing for the better.

And then the advice:
"If you keep doing what you've always been doing, you'll keep getting what you've always been getting. If you're lonely, the longer you keep doing what you're doing, then you'll keep getting what you've always been getting...You are a prisoner of your past and it'll stay that way until you do something to change it...What you seize is what you get." Stop doing what's not working, and fearing to try things that "aren't you". Reach out for the life you deserve and try something different."

Wow, I likes that. I’ve spoken in the past of sometimes feeling like I’m on 435 on a moped. Spinnin’ the wheels. Sometimes we needa whack. Then we gotta choose how we react. Victor, again, you ain’t the guru you perhaps think you are. No, I don’t think that. I remembered reading this awhile back – and loved the lesson – so I shared. And in sharing, I GET TO READ IT AGAIN TOO!...

We all get whacked. Whacks happen. AFFWHACK… (duck!)… I’ma hopin’ we all rebound well from whacks. Whacks the way, uh huh uh huh, I like it. Lated dudes/dudettes. WHACK. Victurd.

No comments: