Thursday, April 26, 2007

996 bottles of beer on the wall.. 996 bottles of beer..

1000 Days At Sea (Remember, it's 1000days.net)

This could be better than The Young and the Restless... more staying power than Susan Lucci....

Tidbits... You remember night one "the ethereal beaty"... uh huh...

Day two:

Reid: Since there is a strong feeling of G-forces due to that fact that we are heeling(leaning) over and sailing fast, we’ve put some big cushions in the pilothouse so we can sit in soft comfort on the low side. I want us to be as comfortable as possible so that we don’t get tired out. I move slowly and carefully as I work around the schooner and try to show Soanya how to move with the least amount of effort.

Soanya: Now that we’re going faster and the boat is leaning, it’s harder to move around, with one leg feeling shorter than the other and the longer one doing a lot of work. When I walk from one place to another, it’s more like I’m tumbling from one place to another. I guess I haven’t gotten my sea legs yet. So I decided that I would try to move as sparingly as possible.

Day three:

Reid: The wild ride finally made Soanya seasick (Oh shit.)

Soanya: I sure could feel the speed of the boat and the up and down motion. Of course when my head felt a little detached from by body and my stomach decided to freak out that my head wasn't where it was supposed to be, the overall me felt rather uncomfortable. I didn't throw up, but I felt horrible enough to wish the waves would stop their rolling for a few minutes and I even took a pill. (Not too worry... only 996 days left... wonder if stores were selling 2008, 2009, 2010 calendars before they left? Oh yeah... and "not tonight Reid." Hehe.)

Day four:

(Checkenginelight paraphrased) Memo from Navy....basically, HAZARDOUS OPERATIONS.. SEA TRIAL MISSILEX AND GUNEX ... Firing exercises hazardous to surface vessels may be conducted with the area bound - uh huh, where they were.

Shortly thereafter they were buzzed low and slow by a Navy plane... Reid turned on his radio to channel 16... Pilot got close enough to commicate with them as "Anne" (the small writing on the sidea the boat.).. Very nicely (without using the words "get the hell outta here") said "go on a course of 225"... which was, you guessed it, back toward the US. Hehe.

(I do all this in jest... but the truth is, I admire the hell outta them. Dunno if I'd give up three years of my life for anything though... well... maybe Elisabeth Shue, bout it though... I pray for their safety... but something tells me there's gonna be plenty of fodder here for fun following them! I started this blog roughly 640 days ago... There have been times I've hated it.. and times it's been all that's kept me going... I can't imagine 1000 days of anything... My cats.. come to think of it.. have been on 9 Lives dry food for at least that long though... inspitea an occasional hairball.. they still attack it every morning as if it were a plate of ribs from Oklahoma Joes... God Bless passion.. .God Bless Reid and Soanya... Shiver your timbers! Love, Victurd..)

No comments: