Tuesday, April 17, 2007

GD do-gooders......

I WANT to be in a bad mood. I PROMISE I’ll be in a bad mood..

And then….

I see the new chick that started working here… Two rugrats (2 & 5).. starting as a temp.. all kindsa diversified accounting crap thrown at her, having to deal with a new job, meeting new people – and she has the GD gall to smile, be happy, and ask me how I’m doing. The nerve.

Life SUCKS… so I’m coloring my face sullen…

And then…

I go to my great neice’s softball practice… they’re very much beginners… it’s dangerous for them to simply play catch… and their friggin’ coach has the audacity to catch ‘em (time after time) making a good effort and compliment the heck outta ‘em…. Lemonade outta lemons..

Life ain’t fair… why the GD daily struggle.. please leave me alone..

And then…

The lady who just completed her breast cancer treatments a short while back walks into work smiling and waving – eyes specifically meeting mine.

This sucks! Whatsup with all these happy people… Who are they, where do they come from… and WHY?

And then…

I go thru the drive thru at McDonalds… Some lady infronta me with 27 rugrats in her car has complained several times (I gathered).. She sent back a sack… said she was shorted a drink.. had the wrong sandwich – hadta exchange.. waited.. and waited.. and waited.. until she’d triple checked her GD bag… I’m hot (No AC in checkenginelight).. I’m tense (my car’s personality likens mine, by now it’s grumbling and growling).. I anticipate a smartass, pissed off teeny-bopper to throw me my jumbled order.. and I get up to the window.. and the GD kid handing me the sack wings me this to die for smile and a big “Hey thanks! Have a great evening!”

I see your red door and I want it painted black…

I look inside myself and see my heart is black
I see my red door and it has been painted black
Maybe then I'll fade away and not have to face the facts
It's not easy facin' up when your whole world is black…

Ok…. Maybe I got it bassackwards. GD do-gooders. You do appear to enjoy life. And… seems it’s a choice. I likes that. I’ll try to resemble that. Someday!

Thank you to all the folks out there… young, old, rich, poor, white, black, yellow, red, skinny, hefty, medium, pretty, handsome, homely… that remind me daily life – it be pretty good – IF, you make it be so.

Ok… I’ll try.. but just for today! Love, Victurd.

1 comment:

An experienced traveler said...

it IS a choice!
The old "victor" or "victim" thing.

Go has put me in this world...

not to feel sorry for myself (though I do sometimes)

not to make other people miserable (though I'm sure I do that too now and then!)

but to bring some kind of light and joy to the people I encounter each day.

For me its only possible through the life of christ in me. On my own...fagetabowtit!!!