Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Let's use the name "Misty"....

There's a young punk at work, 26-ish, that I really think has got it together... She's very, very good in what she does @ work - accomplishes more in 8 hours than many do in 16...

She's always upbeat - and when winging individual or 'team' emails back and forth (there's a little group that does this) she's always witty, swiftly takes in the whole scenerio - and comes up with a fitting summary of the situation that makes ya think "GD, why didn't I think to write that?"

Due to her quality work - she was recently kinda-sorta promoted... It's a pleasure working with her because ya ain't gotta stop and spell out anything (and we have a few that are justabout up to "mnopq" on their ABC's)...

She works daily with many of our vendors, and she's the type of person you can put trust in to represent our company...

"Misty" is blonde, but au contrare to the general perception here...

So... I figured I'd wing an email to let her know all this crap (I was actually venting about "mnopq" and it made me more appreciative of having coworkers like her)... how I appreciate the fact she "gets it"... that she always knows the "right thing to say".. yada yada yada... and that she has "a nice brain."

Of late, due to more bills than bank balance, I've been taking my lunch to work... Out enjoying the gorgeous weather yesterday at noontime... was called back inside for a phone call... 'twas Kendra... "Can you come get us?" Car trouble? Wreck? "No, 'Misty' locked her keys in her car at WalMart... and it's running."

Nevermind. Love, Victurd.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I did that on purpose. I didn't want you all to feel "less than"..... :)