Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Mish mash......

I love the newspaper. Read/learn all kindsa stuff. Today I read (and I'd honestly wondered if this would happen) that 4 cars were stolen yesterday in the JoCo area of our frozen tundra as folks at work went out early, started 'em up to warm up, went back inside to finish out the day.. Really kinda pisses me off though… I've wasted $27.96 in gas since this ice-crap set in.. I've run my car for 8 hours straight, each day at work – yet it's still there when I get off at 5pm. Don't criminals know a 'ride' when they see one?

"Baseball Ray" is 76 today. Onea my favorite actors. You know, James Earl Jones. Had insomnia the eve of MLK day – twas a movie (true story) on about 1am about this pastor (who happened to be black) at Dexter Baptist Church in Birminham, Alabama in 1948. JEJ played it awesome – as he always does – and seeing this movie even further increased my hatred for racism. Coincidentally, after this pastor was released from duties for trying to convince his congregation to not accept the Jim Crow tactics of whites – two years later they hired a young chap named Martin Luther King.

Betty White is 85, Jim Carrey is 45, and Kid Rock is 36. Which to the left are old? Oh sorry, we did that yesterday.

My horoscope today reads "you might be more comfortable working from home or being more low key." Well, with the exception of an occasional outburst at the stupid fax machine we have – I am pretty low key. If you'll remember a few weeks back though, the feelings of a co-worker were hurt by something I'd written here. Twasn't my intent at all, and if the reader had kept up all this time – I think they’d understand that. The person that was hurt ain't a reader of this, but that person would have control as to whether or not I could work from home. Are we still networking here?

Trying to put a positive spin on the current frozen tundra/weather state of affairs… Uno) Yes, it causes "shrinkage". But hey, I would think – in addition to 'that' – it would then make sense that it reduces my waistline... Dos) Every day we wake up, there is more daylight than the day before... Tres) The freeze has gotta make "human kindling" feel even that much better – or so I would guess…. Quatro) It can cause hibernation. Gracie, please don’t hate me. I know I was sposeta go see your son last night – I got home at 5:40pm, took a nap, woke up at 11:42pm... oh shit.

Ok, I'm outta here. Sorry this was boring (and I ain't saying it isn't always boring) but my fingers were frozen, my brain eh, semi-grumpy, and from time to time there's justa mess up there North of my eyebrows. I do still loveya though. Victurd.

No comments: