Thursday, January 04, 2007

I sucked in Art class...

Hey... you... yeah - you... Is your life painted just as you wish? Oh sure, we all could use a little morea this, little lessa that... but... do I see happy people?

I am happy.. I am.. It's just that I can't paint - and I ain't sure how to paint my life... You know, you wake up in the morning, there's this blank page staring at you - and you gotta paint. I dunno what to draw in my life. I probably colored outside the lines as a twerp... for sure got glitter and glue allover the place in grade school.. and I think the most positive feedback I ever received from an Art teacher was "interesting"... (I'm reminded of when my sister and I [God rest her soul, I loved her] were growing up... relatives/friends who hadn't seen us in awhile would stop and say "My goodness Vanda is getting soooo pretty, and... isn't Victor growing." Hehe, sadly, true)

Come what may I reckon. Catom - is yours painted perfect? (Or close?)... What's halfway between Virginia and Johnson County, KS?... Ms Rae - how's ur lifea goin? If you could snap your fingers to make any changes you want (ceptin' mo money, we all want mo money) what changes would you make?... Lilly Langfordtree?... G-racie? Life After 50 - any entries you can think of you'd fix/change/add/subtract? Did I miss anyone?

Life is a blank piecea paper - and we must adorn it. But how? With who? With what? I truly see most as carrying on just as they see fit. Honestly - I can think of some baby adjustments I'd make to mine... Ahm, mebbe get a car I could park on a hill and not worry - hehe..

Wouldn't it be just peachy keen if life was like a pencil and it came with an eraser? Oh crap I'd start with that Excelsior Springs football game in High School - then I'd mebbe erase some goofy things I've done in my life...

When it's allover - life.. I really think my page will be colorful... Off center - sure.. Neat? Hell no... Frayed edges? Damn straight... Perfect? Not no's but hells no's... Full? You bet... Fun? Uh huh...

We paint our own lives... It's wonderful if we're a perfect painter - and it's way cool if sometimes we have a little trouble painting... I mean, have you ever seen a house painter? Uh huh, hell yeah they get paint on their pants...

Ok, time to paint the day. Neat to think we kinda control that. Today I've chosen the "you're an idiot" paint. Ya see, where I work - there's this little corner of people - and that little corner of people... and this person can't stand that person, and that person can't stand this person... And, seems the thing to do is talk about the other person when they ain't nowhere to be seen. Today, when that happens, I'm gonna look 'em right in the eye and give 'em my "you're an idiot" smile. I cringe whenver I hear someone talking about another.. So, I will too, but it'll just be inside - oh, and I guess the smile on the outside. HEY WAIT JUST A GOL DURN MINUTE HERE. ARE YOU MIGHTIER THAN MIGHTY? YOU SPEAKY OUTTA BOTH SIDES OF THE MOUTH. WASN'T IT YOU VICTURD that flirted with that one guy's girlfriend the other night? Uh huh, was me. He was bein' an ass - and painting an ugly picture. On purpose. So, I said I gots frayed edges. I mentioned I get outta the lines.. Oh, and BTW, I'm smiling that smile!

May you paint your day as you wish - and don't get any onya... Love, Victurd.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Victor,

What a great way to look at starting the day. A blank canvas. Wish I were as good with words as you are. I think the only change I would make is to feel just feel a little more free. Seems like everyone wants my time and I can't seem to find any for myself. I suppose one of these days I will have nothing but time for myself and I will be wishing I didn't. Oh well........ Hope you have a Fantastic Friday and I really hope you have the greatest year yet!!!

Rae