Tuesday, July 01, 2008

A look at NY Resolutions halfway thru the year….

(UPDATES IN CAPS)

I resolve to….

Sleep outside… NOPE

Continue to blog, good Lord willing…. YEP

Boogie til 2009... KINDA

New Address… NOPE

Hotel/motel - 3 nights… NADA

Cruise… NOPE

Cigs - yuck - I have GOT to get ridda the grip they have on me... Four times in the past three years - when combined with a cold, sinus infection - I've coughed until I momentarily passed out. I have got to quit, I know it and I don't have to hear a doctor say it - I know he thinks it. COUGH COUGH

Tell impactive ones they were just that…. I HAVE DONE THIS, SEVERAL TIMES.

Find the one to love… and glee in watching her get out of bed to walk to the restroom… NOPE

Hold the hand of one I want to hold, and in return, them want to have it held.. NUH UH

Share a movie, rub a leg… NADA

A weekend away for two… VICTOR YOU’RE BORING

Choose happy over sad… UH HUH

Pray for verbal hesitation when someone’s done something or said something that hit’s the belly/brain the wrong way… VERY DEFINATELY

Do something good for the world, with no remuneration to me… NO GAME PLAN YET.

Say “hello” to people I don’t know more often… HAVE DONE THIS, IT’S COOL

Continue to occasionally play pool with my younger friends who treat an old guy like one of the gang.. YEP

Befriend every hound I come in contact with… UH HUH

Have another year of patience with my son.… YES

In every meeting I can with a friend, either say something to make them feel good about themselves, or to inquire of a part of their life dear to them - hopefully, in effect saying “I like you, I value your friendship..” DECENTLY SO I THINK

Throw on those size 36 jeans, and have there be a little air there between the belly/butt/hips and the denim… YEAH, BIGGEST LOSER THINGY, DOWN 21

Continue to email the daily “You might be a Redneck if” joke to my buds.. YES, MISS A DAY HERE AND THERE - FOR THE MOST PART, YES.

Continue to “have one”, play pool, Golden Tee bowling, shuffleboard, visit with friends regularly - BUT - to utilize the days/nights I ain’t doing that more constructively, educationally, in OTHER ways… I AIN’T WHERE I OUGHTA BE HERE, BUT SOME GAINS…

Get a CD/DVD burner… NOPE

Enjoy, frequent, behold the great outdoors as much as I did in my twenties. It’s taken for granted (the time left) - use it Victor. SOME YES.

To reread this on 12/31/2008 and to simply like me and the year I’ve led.. TOO EARLY

I resolve that the term “New Year” includes ALL of 2008, and if I thinka shit I ain’t thought of today - the want and ability to add it to this list.

I resolve to review this list quarterly with my eyes, but even way more frequently with my brain as I live 2008. OOPS.

I resolve to hope my friends, loved ones know I hope 2008 is one of the best years of their life..

YOU CHECKED YOURS??

Love, Victurd

No comments: