Sunday, June 29, 2008

Ah Keep your eyes on the road,

Your hands upon the wheel.
Keep your eyes on the road
Your hands upon the wheel.
Yeah, we're going to the roadhouse,
Gonna have a real good-time.

I was driving home from work the other day - and this came on. It was written in 1970 - ah what a time. Senior year. Notta care in the world. Well, that’s not totally correct, but cares back then weren’t about “house, home, occupation, 401K’s, backbone plans.” Cares were “where we going this weekend.. Two more hours and school’s out.. Did u see that dress Suzie has on?”… Anyways, back to the future. As I was driving home that day - yes, I had this cranked. It’s a ‘crank’ kinda song. Then I realized, I was driving with my thighs on the wheel. I didn’t have “your hands upon the wheel.” Usedta bug the watoosie outta “whatshername.” Mebbe why I continued to drive that way that day home. Hehe.

Let it roll, baby, roll.
Let it roll, baby, roll.
Let it roll, baby, roll.
Let it roll, all night long.

Ashen lady. Don’t laugh, I hadta google ‘ashen’. Pale huh. Hmmm. Mickey D’s this morning, older lady. Ashen. Spirited, but ashen. Young chicky. Had I been her poppa, I mighta been ashen. She wore onea them micro skirts, and when she sat down.. Well.. There just wasn’t much left to the imagination. The six snotnoses waiting on folks behind the counter were stymied, baffled, aroused, distracted, and assuredly putta egg mcmuffin or two in a sack that should been hotcakes.

Then I Yahooed ‘ashen lady‘.. They told me “The Ashen Lady is a reference to the fact that the woman who was driving her car to go to this "fantastic, sex party" dies on her way to the party. (Ashen is referring to the state of her upon death). He's warning her to be careful driving

Ashen-Lady.
Ashen-Lady.
Give up your vows.
Give up your vows.
Save our city.
Save our city.
Ah, right now.

S’more Yahoo “The vows may be a reference to her commitment to drive when she was drinking (indicated later). "Save our city" refers to the "orgie" or "group sex party", their own little world (or city).”

Well, I woke up this morning
And I got myself a beer.
Well, I woke up this morning
And I got myself a beer.

Now I don’t do that. Have done that, but don’t. I actually did go with friends last night. Best friend, his wife, another good friend, me. We had a truly wonderful time. Kinda 1970’s time. Forget the minute. Forget the mortgage. Forget “did I feed the cats?” Forget my cubicle. Forget 401K’s. Forget the GD (gosh darn): auto-dingers reminding me “checkenginelight, low washer fluid, driver’s door ajar, check ride control” yada yada.

The future's uncertain
And the end is always near.

And even more Yahoo “This is indicates how fragile life is and for whoever is listening to him sing the story, should take his message to be careful and don't take the danger of partying irresponsibly lightly or you'll never make it to the party itself.”

I kinda took it another way. That sentence bears hella weight. The future’s uncertain and the end is always near. WHADDA reminder. WHADDA perspective. Yes, the future is uncertain. We friends had many laughs last night. Good use of the time. Tis what life is all about. People I love, being with them. I usedta have as much trouble using the word “love” as I did saying “I’m sorry” in a visitation line. No longer. The end is always near. Spout love out. It’s a feel good.

Let it roll, baby, roll.
Let it roll, baby, roll.
Let it roll, baby, roll.
Let it roll, all night long.

Joe Namath, yeah him, another 1970’s guy. He usedta say “I can’t wait until tomorrow ‘cause I get better looking every day.” Hell, I gotta mirror at home, I know that ain’t true for me. I’d rearrange it a tad and say “I can’t wait for tomorrow ‘cause the days look better every day.” I know I know, Pollyanna. Can’t help it. I’m loving life. Am. Truly. Can’t wait for tomorrow, yet still LOVE the day.

The future's uncertain
And the end is always near.

Let it roll, baby, roll. Go. Do. Love. Feel. Hug. Drive with your thighs if you wanna (although not after drinking alcohol - give up your vows then.) Love our city. Right now.

I love all things saturated in passion. Morrison exudes passion in this song. Our future is uncertain. The end is always near. I, for one, am gonna try not to forget that.

Thanks Sanford, Claudia, Clay. I hadda blast.

Yeah, we're going to the roadhouse,
Gonna have a real good-time.

Diary for 6/28/08 marked off “damn good fun.” Hope urs was too. Love, Victurd.

No comments: