Tuesday, June 17, 2008

The “tingles”….

The dreaded “tingles”. There is man. There is woman. There are the dreaded “tingles.”

I’ve never understood “the tingles.” I ‘spose I oughta define for you, but you’rea lyin’ sonofagun if you think “thanks Victor, I wasn’t sure what you were talking about.”

“The tingles” are the most basic level of ‘feel’. ‘Want.’ Your eyeballs meet, mebbe even just for a second. And there’s a pleasure there. There’s the (my God why am I writing this, my niece reads it) simple thought “Oh my, you’re gorgeous, I’m like waaaay attracted to you.. Might I spend 5 or 8 or 123 minutes envisioning us together?”

I could be wrong, but, to me, it happens daily. Yes, I do think my eyeballs are prolly more attuned to “what’s going on”, “who’s out there”, but still, they don’t tingle with regularity. (“Victor, you’re too picky” ß said ex sister-in-law.)

But when I ‘tingle‘, it’s like Katy bar the door.

Tonight was, basically, bizarre. I sat in the garage at a friend’s house.. Watching baseball.. My friend’s sister has been whispered about that she ‘likes women’. I don’t care, I love her, she's my very good friend, and we’ve known each other hella years.

She’d just played in a golf tourney, are you keeping up? This gets interesting. She’d just played in a golf tourney with a gal who was divorced, and she (her golf partner) frankly teeter-tottered about her sexual orientation for a long, long time. (She’s now living with a ‘her’, and that’s all well and cool, no gripes, opinions, put-downs, by me.)

But. But, the gal “who was divorced, and she frankly teeter-tottered about her sexual orientation for a long, long time (She’s now living with a ‘her’, and that’s all well and cool, no gripes, opinions, put-downs, by me.)” and I tingled. I know we did. In my ‘studies’ of the human being, I kinda-sorta think I’m “up wit it” enough to recognize ‘tingle’.

I absolutely knew, and it’s all good, there’d be no tango with this tingle. All in the same, it was a few selfishly rewarding hours. I kept my hands to myself, as did she, and the evening ended about an hour ago.

This “tingle” has bit me in the butt before. AKA, marriage #1, and marriage #2, with s’more prolly prior to, in between, and after.

We have this “tingle” and it’s like we’ve got friggin’ blinders on, we can’t thinka anything else, the male/female thing kinda takes over and we’re oblivious to “this will never work because of _____, or _______,, and mebbe even _______." Foggy. Foggy Mountain Breakdown.

We “tingle”, we’re focused. Then reality sets in.

I’ma pig. There are many out there I’d love to ‘tingle’ with. The male in me overpowers the “nuh uh, this ain’t right”, and tingle blinds me.

There are some, I ‘tingle’ for, the wimpiness in me precludes approachment.

To u creeps (said with love) that are in a marriage, or in a relationship, don’t you think you can bootscoot outta this blog and say “eh, that’s (‘tingle’) for people that ain’t with anyone.)…

Wrong. “Tingle” happens. It’s human nature. I will send kudos though, to those like Lisa, Misty, Terry B, or any other person out there that faces the challenge of ‘tingles’, yet refrains from approaching.

Been awhile since I’ve been in a relationship, and hard to “see from my shoes being in a relationship with one, and “I’ll be GD” if “tingle” doesn’t show up on the radar with another. Bless those that hold their convictions “til’ death do us part,”, or, “we live together, I love him/her, screw that ‘tingle’ feel.

Honestly, even if I were embedded in a longterm, I think the feel of “tingle” is a good thing. We study “greener grass”, “what if”, “oh baby I’d like to say ‘OH BABY’. Nah. Tingle don’t work there.

“Tingle” is all about timing. Mutual “tingle.” Being lucky. Getting to know one another. There’s oh so much past the initial ‘tingle’, but ain’t it great seeking “is this THE RIGHT tingle?

This all may make no sense to you… or you may be frothing at the keyboard “fuckin’ A Ray, I KNOW what you’re saying!”

Tingle is a good thing. It can be momentary. Spontaneous. One-sided. Fleeting. Aided by alcohol/the situation. Burst apart due to reality. Or… I guess it could actually work.

I’m lucky in that I’ve “tingled” in two marriages. One 7 years, one 20-something. In the end, they both kinda-sorta tingled elsewhere, and that’s not the debate today. What’s kept me going is the belief “I’ve yet to be in the best relationship I’ve ever been in.”

And yes, that would include ‘tingle.’ A haveta. They say ‘tingle’ happens when u least expect it. GD, does she realize “like sands through the hourglass, so go the Days of our Lives.”

“Tingles” thinkin’ about it, ya know? Love, Victurd.

No comments: