Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Ring around the Rosie… or, Driving Ms. Daisy……

Once heard.. The ring around the rosy song we sang as kids so joyously, so happily, so ‘homosexually’… (Damnit, onea them automatic Windows “corrector thingys” so as to be politically correct… ) ahem… so gayly.. (In case you’re lost, I reckon I am too, guess you’da had to been here.)

Once heard (Victor, you just said that), the ring around the rosy, pocket fulla poseys was about lepers. The ring was formed by flaking, falling off skin on the neckline.. and supposedly the pocket fulla poseys was to keep the 'stench'' from the leper.

Now I ain’t makin’ funna lepers, ‘cause I know they couldn’t help it, and Bless anyone who’s had to go thru that…

Tonight, you see… I learned from my auto fix-em-up-get-the-HRL-back-n-runnin’, “well, for sure the battery.. now you can buya onea them cheapy WalMart’s for $35.. me personally, I wouldn’t.. ours are $87.. a fine, fine battery.”.. K… “Did that fix it?”…

“Well no.. you need an alternator too.. “ ($187 before they even touch it.)… “And I gotta ocean of power steering fluid on the floor.. no sense in putting that alternator on until I can findthe ‘causea that ‘cause that fluid’ll just keep burning up more alternators.”

So what’s a feller to do other than to say “ok”, and forget about the “splurge thing” from an earlier blog.. “Please fix, I needs my HRL.”

So tonight. I need some poseys. I’m pretty ripe you see, as I ain’t been home/in shower since 6am yesterday morning. I like this outfit so much, I figured I’d wear it again today.

Now the feller I’m riding with, this too be a difficult issue. He lives in same town (which is fortunate) and he’s nice enough to hitchhike me to and fro in times of need like this. Of late, we’ve become pretty good friends, as in he’s done this many times. Driving Ms. Daisy, or in this case, Ms. Posey.

Additionally, upon occasion, like when the Power Steering pump cost me 3 weeks of salary – (the dude is our comptroller) he’s helped me financially with a no interest kinda thingy.

Additionally, he doesn’t believe in “one car length per every 10mph.” I almost die of fear each and every time I step foot in the car he so graciously lets me ride in.. and s’more, I gots one cig left. I’m savin’ that puppy for when I arrive all in one piece at home.

A bad day? Nah, I’ve had fun. There ain’t much you can do about some stuff in life, like car trouble – the attitudes, beliefs, emotions of others, the weather, the Gross National Product, and the Kansas City Royals. Life happens.

You know what’s good about today? Well, I gots fitteen dollars in my pocket I didn’t spend for gas on the way here.. Onea my buds went and got me lunch, WOULD NOT take a penny. (I’ll pay her back.) No less than six offered up a room in their house for tonight.. Eight “needa ride home Vic”s?... and the codgers were even so kind to invite me to “the round concrete table” for lunch (sans poseys)…

Continually, people boost me up with their niceness. It’s too bad I ain’t as nice as them! Nah, I’ve heard all my life “nice” and a time or two “too nice.” Don’t care, it’s not a bad thing to strive for.

Had a friend say once “I usedta be like that.. hell I’d walk across the street to keep from confronting someone… no more.”

I abhor conflict. I likes light. (Miller Lite, and light in life)..

People are incredible. Misty you still here? Remember Mary T’s “problems are only stepping-stones to solutions?”.. .Well… that’s the way I feel know. As in I’m up agin a creek.. but.. folks stepping out allover – lending me their “back” (so to speak) to walk on/fjord the stream. I likes people. I likes nice people. Kinda makes ya wanna Pollyanna out yourself.

(Now before you wanna hoist me up on any damn pedestal, please know I kinda-sorta got huffy witha vendor today. The biotch (Victor, no, say it ain’t so, you DIDN’T say that.) Uh huh, did. The biotch. Let’s see, our company was paying her company good money to “pickup this from here, take it to there.” She went into a 30 minute tirade on how I’d cut the instructions to do this all improperly. Each and every thing she asked me for was right there in black and white on the agenda I’d given her. It just wasn’t in order to suit her liking. I repeatedly asked her “is this on there?”.. each and every offering ‘yes, but, it needs to be ___ (like this).. and that needs to be like _____ that”)..

If I’da been her supervisor, I’da said “woah Nellie.:’ This dude has a choice, and he chose us, he don’t needs no consternation, and you’re creating consternation. It ain’t “my way of the highway here”, it’s “what can we do to help you sir?” I don’t needs no butt-kissing, just take this “from there, to there.” Simple.

Victor, deducting, what you’re saying is “Victor wasn’t Pollyana like.” Ok, I guess I wasn’t. Little stuff like that (this) burns my butt. Life’s all about choices, and in my work, I have choices. I don’t expect backflips, but throwing tacks on the tumbling mat, that’s a bit much.”

So what you’re saying is you’re human, that what I’m reading? Yeah, reckon so.

Again, I no comprende why you’re here. My life, I thinks, is uninteresting. Different, but uninteresting. Who cares about your car, your ride home, your stench, your Ms. Daisy (Posey), your selection of vendors, your EVERYTHING?.. Wow, that was a bit harsh don’tya think?

I care. It was a shitty day, with the fringes lined in gold, if that makes sense. July 8, 2008, another interesting one, checked off on the calendar.

I made it home (heart skipped more beats than had I sneezed 22 times).. I’m here. I’m happy. I’m in one piece. I’m at peace. I love this roller coaster of life. Hey you, might I hitch a ride to the Amusement Park? (I’ve bathed you know.)……….. Love, Victurd

No comments: