Saturday, July 19, 2008

Yes, I’d like a double cheeseburger, a dollar French Fry, a water… a po’ gal.. and two View Level tickets please…..

Ok, I’m admitting it. The stealth on wealth. As in, I ain’t got it. I know I know this will run off 95% of the Johnson County crowd (sorry, nuttin’ personal), it’s just that I’m destined to play public golf courses for the remainder of my wonderful life.

If you want “dinners on the Plaza”, a weekend getaway at the Ritz, quarterly surprises form Tivols – it ain’t me babe.

I’ma huntin’ for the one that’s not had the Silver Spoon, and would be Ok looking thru the Entertainment book for a nice evening out.. Mebbe drive an extra few miles for the Tuesday taco cheapies.. or mebbe we could even play “war” or crank Van Morrison and dance in the living room until 9pm when the Appetizers are half price at Applebees.

I was raised probably lower middle class, and I’ve gone with that flow. I’m degreed, but it ain’ta degree that makes me a pedigree. I’m Heinz. Canardly. Canardly tell what it is in the dog world comparison. Mutt. I’m of the opine, mutts rock though. They’re always happy.

Let’s getaway to Branson and stay at that $29.99 Moonliter Inn on the Strip.. Mebbe tent camp by the stream at that park up North..

Wedding? Funeral? Company dressy event? I want someone who will remark “Oh shit” when the thought comes “the hell do I wear?” insteada someone used to a walk-in closet color coded with silks and leathers…..

Small stuff. I likes backrubs (mainly giving).. morning coffee.. the paper.. a glass of wine on the deck.. mebbe a HS football or basketball game.. a bike ride.. drive to a cool ole’ town – let’s take a walk.. State Parks.. mebbe even someone who’d enjoy buying an old canoe – taking two cars to a nearby river, one 10 miles upstream.. and float the day away down to the other car..

Must enjoy insignificant, significant gifts for no reason or occasion… Would appreciate a note stuck on your windshield at work.. or mebbe a text that says “I love your butt”, “I love your brain”, or “your smile brings me mine.”

Let’s go on a cruise – and not have it be an expectation – rather exaltation. $350 auto repair bill? Hey, please don’t flip because that comes with the territory in trading “no car payments” versus $329 a month for the uptown SUV.. (And, you must understand the dog enjoys allowing you in to share car rides.)

Aldi’s, Piggly Wiggly specials.. bread from the bread store.. $2 movie theater..

It’s me, it’s who I am.. Sorry Metcalf, Overland Park, Leawood. My apologies Plaza III, the Marriott, dugout suite…

Life is all about oil/water and Koolaid. Oil don’t mix with water. Gimme Koolaid any
day.

I’ve lived life “For today.” Ya get to this age and face “oh shit, now what?”.. that’s what.. All of the above.. I’m blessed.. I’ve had a great life thus far, and I know there’s a great life ahead…

Momma always talked about writing a book about her childhood entitled “Po’, but didn’t know it.”.. I’m hear to tellya I’m po’, but rich as well. Life is enrichening. Coupon clipper. Dollar store shopper. Kohl’s clearance racks. Hamburger Helper. $5.99 customer appreciation night at Pappa Johns.

With whatever the funds allow – we’ll go. Do. Appreciate. Smile. Laugh. Enjoy. Touch. “That.” Share. Cry. Happy. Cry. Sad. Rollercoasters ain’t near as fun when there’s no one in the passenger seat.

Victor, this is ludicrous. You’re wiping out the VAST majority of women out there. Yeah, ‘spose. Hell, might as well be honest. Only takes one anyways.

If the shoe fits, let’s wear it. I mean hell, why wait until you’re retired, facing Social Security – and house payments/rent all by your lonesome. Let’s shack. Free backrubs included. Call me, 867-5309. We’ll do lunch. Somewhere on the dollar menu.

Love, Po-turd.

No comments: