Monday, July 14, 2008

Lighten up Victor, you’re fitty-five, not eight-seven….

Yeah. I know. You’re right. So what I thought I’d do tonight is mebbe makea list of things that bring a smile to my face. It’s my sincere hope, you have your own list.

I love watching people who are walking, and allofasudden they trip.. For no reason.. No object.. Some object.. It’s those precious moments JUST after where they try to relate “with it”, “OK”, that bring my smile.

A little kid, aged anywhere from 6 months to whatever… and the smile/fascination they get on their face when they are so intently into anything.

An email from a person I’ve truly loved throughout life. (I don’t mean love, I this sense, like “oh baby oh baby” kinda love.)

I love hearing someone saying good/great things about a person, when that person ain’t in earshot. To me, that’s passion. That’s friendship. That rocks.

I love seeing people wiggle outta difficult situations. The three year old at Mickey D’s. Absolutely NOTHING pleases him/her. He'll cry until it seems like he's six years old. I love watching parents handle that. Or not. Or try.

I love friends revisiting yesteryear, yester month, yester week, yesterday, even if at my expense. I’ve done plenty of stupid shit, shared WAY too much information. God Bless ‘em, they remind me. I hate/love it when they do.

I love when the FM dial likens life. For whatever reason, the day I had the ‘tiff” with that chick from account‘s receivable…(one-sided, I was kinda passive… even kinkda laughed at her behavior) ‘Fatbottom Girl” came on during the drive home. I cranked it. Changed the lyrics

Or, “Centerfield” comes on, I’m not depressed about going 1 for 5, and I suckup all there is “just being a part.” Crank time.

“Paradise by the dashboard lights”… it’s kinda a synopsis of many relationships.. I’ve never been in one like that… but.. I’ve known MANY one-sided relationships… Some I feel sorry for, some I sit back and watch and think, “eh, mebbe they are lucky, what he/she needs.”

I love people “losing their shit.” Passion. Work, admittedly, has been calm of late. We usedta have this mild-mannered (nicest chicky in the entire office) who’d occasionally field a call from her ex. This dude would reel off onsecutive “disses” about mom, and what a crappy job she’s doing.. He, 16 months in arrears of child support, didn’t have a leg to stand on. She, God Bless her, would keep her calm, and then “lose her shit.” It was so wonderful to hear, the passion, the truth, the “Fuck you mister.” She didn’t care how many cubicle walls her voice carried. Passion, gotta love it.

I love idle chit-chat at work. How good does it feel to you to have someone say “how was your weekend?” It feels damned good to me, and (help me) I do always try to remember to reciprocate the question.

How good is it to ‘feel’ about a friend? U know they’re going thru a rough spot/time. You know they need contact from you - ya just ain’t certain what to say, or how to act. I had a cousin one time say “the word ‘love’ is so very hard for me to use.. You see, we never said it
growing up.. Of course, we felt it, but we never said it.” I wing that basta all to frequently nowadays, and I don’t give a rats who hears it, who’s offended by it, who’s uncomfortable with it. Love is special. If there’s love involved, be it “I’ve known you 47 years since we were nine”, jualah, use it!… If it’s a friend at work who helps foggy days be sunny, wing that mo-fo.
Love is all you need.

“Asking.” When someone asks about specifics in my life, I consider it an honor. I realize during that very moment in time, their thoughts were upon me. Sure, it could be similar to “Whatsup”.. but to be front-and-center is someone’s thoughts, WHAT COULD BE BETTER?

Tip’a the iceburg. This list is just somea the things I really love. The hour is late, and yesterday’s mowing, painting and “1 for GD 5” is catching up to me. I loveya for being here, I really do. My life is average, at the very least. Why your eyeballs continually come is beyond me - but please know, again, I love your eyeballs here.

Good chit happens, bad chit happens. We all reflect on each. It’s my hope ‘good chit’ wins out I your lifestyle/demeanor/attitude/take. I’d actually love that. Yes I would. Happy day,

love, Victurd.

No comments: