Monday, July 21, 2008

Dad-dah…. January 13, 2010.……..

And then it happened… Was it really “Reid, I ran outta Drammamine, get me off this boat”… or…..

just found out that Soanya gave birth to our baby boy! All is well and she named him Darshen, which means seeing and being seen by divinity. Family and friends are all happy and supportive and it's about time we shared the news on the expedition website. When Soanya was sick and had to leave the ship we were not sure, so we didn't say anything then. We contacted the right people and they did a courteous and professional job meeting us at sea and taking Soanya to shore. We are forever grateful. Before setting out on the voyage we tried to discuss all the scenarios and we decided that if she had to leave for any reason, we would arrange to get her off the boat and I would keep going. When the time came it was hard for us but we knew what we had to do. Let's hope this doesn't happen on the real Mars mission, because accidents do happen. I sail alone on my life's odyssey, but time is passing fast and it won't be long until I'm back and can be with them. Soanya proved herself to me on the voyage. Without her I couldn't have gotten started. During the voyage she kept her cool and gave me strength while I over reacted, fretted and thought it was all over. They are not the first woman and child to wait for their man to come home from the sea. It is the most ancient of stories. Thanks so much to everybody for your continued support and love. Without you we could never have attempted our dream. We will keep you updated. Love, Love, Love.
Reid

Ok, may I ask, was I the only one that upchucked upon “accidents do happen.’ Patooey. Good luck to this woman as she raises this kid alone… About it all: “The HELL was she thinkin’”?

I admire his fervency, I like the thought.. But GD… I remember paying for a fitty dollar + cab ride from Washington DC to Baltimore just so I could catch my kid’s first kindergarten soccer game. Perhaps all kinds of boo-koo dollars await him in 1,000 days… but family is family.. I just don’t see the continuation as anything but selfish.. But then again, my take… Aunt always said “two sides to every board.”

Ok, enough about Reid and Soanya… How the hell areya?

The excitement of my world………. Three for four yesterday at softball.. BUT… I swear to goodness, I really coulda cared less. I really went into it thinking about “the time, how lucky I was just to be out there playing, the camaraderie of the guys…

I had a “CNN Breaking News” dream about me, but we’ll see, mebbe a blog for another day. It’s ok to dream ain’t it? And I do. I am THE creator of “OH MY, I SEE THIS, I FEEL IT COMING, IT’S GONNA BE AWESOME” and whatshername (Forgive me Father) would always say “Victor, you’ve just gotta realize sometimes people don’t get as hyped up about your ideas as you do.” Yeah, prolly. Don’t care. Can’t stop “hyped.” Good night to all, and I truly hope life is great for you… I really really do… Love, Victurd.

(PS: Reid, git urass home and be a father.) Roger Wilco, over and out.

No comments: