Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The View….

Dreams are nice. No, not the kind in the middle of the night – mosta the time those kind, I’ve found, are kinda spooky. Eerie. Stomach-hurters. Sweat makers. Awaken, pinch, phew!

I’m talkin’ dreaming of wants, desires. Sometimes they’re frivolous, selfish. Sometime they’re real steppingstones to a materialistic end.

Have you ever dreamed of good things? We dream of change. Dreams can’t necessarily precipitate change unless actions are involved – nonetheless, to me it’s wonderful to dream.

Songs have been written about dreams… poems… movies… books.. Nuttin’ wrong with being a dreamer. Sometimes they come true. Field of dreams. I dunno how many thousands make the trek to Dyersville, Iowa each year to see – but, someone actually had a dream of it.. built it (actions).. and it happened (they came.)

Mebbe that nifty convertible you’ve always wanted. Three acres out in the boonies whereya can go grab the mail in your undies.. Perhaps a trip (after saving up) all around the good ole US of A.

I dream. Relentlessly. I’ve likened life here as sometimes being on a moped on the Interstate. Dreams provide horsepower to overtake. Hopes. Wishes. That all leads to smiles, and the belief “the status quo just ain’t always gotta be the status quo.”

I've had 'glimpses'. "Close calls." "Thought that was it"s... Pitter-patters that have turned to splatters. Unwanted ends. Wanted ends. No The View as of today, 7/30/2008.

Don’t laugh. (Ok, can if u want.) Daily, I take Maynard to his employ in Downtown Kansas City. There’s a thirty story highrise condo thingy there called simply, The View. Each condo is equipped with a wonderful balcony to lookout over – Kansas on the West, Missouri on the East.

My dream – is one day to see “her” out on the balcony. Robed. Waiting. In this daily awakened dream – I look. Hasn’t happened. And in this dream I hold inside, one day she’ll be there – and it’ll be a signal.. coming.. it’s coming.. a dream will materialize.

I once heard the saddest thing on the planet is an unhappy rich man for he has no hope. Well hells bells me and my Hot Rod Lincoln be far, far from rich, and I’ll be damned if I’ll fall into the unhappy trap (for long!).. I have hopes. I have dreams. Thinking of tomorrow helps today, ifya rearrange them thoughts to allow so.

That’s my take. My view. The View. Happy day, love, Victurd

No comments: