Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Morning…. By Pollyanna… or Henry Gibson, your call..

I friggin’ love mornings. I know I know, some out there ain’t morning folks – I am.

I never (rarely) eat breakfast, but it’s my favorite meal. Whatsup with that? You too?

Mornings exude in optimism. Those first few selfish moments in bed as the eyeballs and the bod make the transition from REM to READY. Nice. Selfish. Stretchy. Like a cat.

Interesting night last night. Car no starty. So, what the hey, stayed at work. God love Maynard but a day’s respite was certainly good for us both! There ain’t many comfy places here at work to snooze. Usedta be a nifty couch in the front ladies room, so I mades me up a sign “Victor sleeping” to post on the door – I’ll be a sonofagun if – when they remodeled, they got ridda the couch.

So…. now I lay me down to sleep (on the couch in the lobby.) Ahm, no AC. Darn. Our cubicles are close too – figured coworkers wouldn’t enjoy me too much today if I sweated my arse off last night. So…. went to cubicle, stole pillow from onea the hens in accounting.. snoozed on the floor. Laid down around 10:20p.. I think I was zonked by 11.. all was good.. then I hear this BEEP-BEEP-BEEP-BEEP… I didn’t know whether to head to the basement or what.. Was some gal’s alarm clock in Accounting. I’ve always teased her about sleeping on the job, hell, mebbe she does.

So……. wide awake at 12:06am. Think I’ll walk to back door and havea smoke. Ahhhh, yes… feels good out here… damn there’s a lotta bugs around that light… UH OH.. Secada.. Holy crap.. he made it inside.. buzzing among the fluorescent lights.. They’ll know it was me.. Surely all will be quiet and then we’ll hear a scream after someone realizes he was napping on their keyboard. Hehe. Gotta love life.

So, back to the couch in the lobby. Eh, from 1a to 4:26am a good snooze. Up, made coffee, nuther cig outside. New day.

THE WEATHER IS AWESOME. Right now anyways. Thanks God for this day. It don’t go unappreciated. Thanks too for the friends I await pulling in soon. Heck, even the 6am wakeup call to Maynard went well.

Birds. Birds whistle in the morn. Example setters eh?.. Clouds – the clouds are active today.. I likes that. Motion. Stirring. We’re all stirring.

Mornings bring a tug on the sleeve at 4:30am “can we open Christmas presents now?”.. The 5:30am wakeup from the hound that wants to go pee… The gosh darn weaving ‘tween the legs of the cat at 6am that won’t letya pee…. “feed me” he acts out “pee later.”

The acknowledgement of seeing the eyes of your mate open.. both saying "morning" covering mouths.. That shower (or bath here, well, 364 mornings anyways) that wipes alla yesterday’s crud off – a new beginnin. Coffee, gimme coffee. The paper. Ideas, stories, yuck, sport’s scores, people soundin’ off, ads, events, horoscopes, forecast..

Mebbe I’m part Pollyanna. Hey, believe me – them dips very much happen in my life. I try to will myself, hypnotize mebbe by writing, life is good. I love mornings. I truly do.

Be they in the regular ole regular bed. At the lake. In a tent. In a foreign bed (ruh roh, how’d that happen!). At family’s house. We be lucky. Another one to enjoy.

Mornings are to the persona what Allen Funt was to the one hour of fun back in the day. “Smile, you’re on candid camera.”… Life, candidly, is good. I always kinda-sorta didn’t really like Dr. Laura’s sarcasm, kinda making fun of her listeners. I did like her “now go take on the day.” Although, it ain’t a challenge. Sure, challenges within, but too, blessed.

Ok ok ok. I’ll Polyanna my ass on outta here. Top o’ the morning toya. Love, Victurd.

No comments: