Wednesday, July 02, 2008

If the rain comes……..

I ain’t real sure what to think about rain….

Rain is kinda like advice. I know we need it. A little ain’t bad, a lot sucks.

Tonight it rained. Hella. It screwed up “The Dish” TV thingy, and we missed like innings 4, 5, 6, 8 and most the 9th of the Royal‘s game ‘causea the inclimate weather/thunderstorms. I am a Royal’s fan, so probably a good thing. (Yes, we lost)…

If the rain comes they run and hide their heads.
They might as well be dead.

I remember as a kid rain sucked because it meant I was stuck inside, and we didn’t have Wiii, Game Boy, X-Box, PlayStation III.. We had friggin Captain Kangaroo. (I did like the rabbit, Mr. Greenjeans, but a little bit went a long ways.)

I remember disliking rain as a ‘kid’ ‘cause it meant I’d get sent home from work (Park Department) and that “tonight’s baseball games are cancelled.”

I remember being 20, 30-something - loading airplanes. I didn’t mind 100+ degree temps (I sweated like a sonofagun at 75, eh, why not 100+).. I didn’t mind the cold (you could layer up, prepare… u might walk funny with all that chit on) but cold u could prepare for.

Snow… Snow outside sucks, but it ain’t miserable.

Rain at the airport sucked. There was no hiding. The sonofabitches that wouldn’t get in the “cargo bin” in 100 degree temps, now allofasudden decide to. Uh huh. Bastards. Miserable. Standing in the rain as a “have to” is friggin’ miserable.

Rain turns picnics/ballgames into “vaminos”, outdoor into indoor, plans into Plan B’s, 65 MPH Interstate driving into 55MPH…

If the rain comes, if the rain comes.
When the sun shines they slip into the shade
(When the sun shines down.)
And drink their lemonade.

I dunno if them Hawaiin folks would concur, but rain there… well.. It’s damn refreshing… it ain’t unpleasant to walk out and about in it… it lasts mebe 2 to 5 minutes.. Andya don’t even need an umbrella…before you go the time to say “this sucks”, it’s stopped, and there’s a wonderful rainbow over Diamonhead, Hanauma Bay, or George Harrison’s house.. .pleasant.. Rain in Hawaii is pleasant.

(When the sun shines down.)
When the sun shines, when the sun shines.
Rain, I don't mind.
Shine, the weather's fine.


Repeating, tonight it rained like a sonofagun. Was sittin’ in the Dish Pizza joint… (A fine Missouri “trying to be like deep dish Chicago” pizza joint.).. And it rained. Folks coming in, hurried. “I parked in the second spot, and look at me!” (All covered with drops.)… Follks leaving made whomever was driving pull up as close as they could to load up. Ready? “GO!” they’d say…

Shine, the weather's fine.
I can show you that when it starts to rain,
(When the sun shines down.)
Everything's the same.
(When the sun shines down.)
I can show you, I can show you.
Rain, I don't mind.
Shine, the weather's fine.


Rain is a depressant, but, there’s some things in there to get the dopamine’s moving ‘cause you almost always know “good, calm, nice, follows.” That, and we get the beni’s of rain - friggin’ grass that grows quicker, flowers that grow prettier, animals that have drink, rivers that continue to be rivers… etc.

I guess rain keeps life interesting. I love life’s interruptions, and rain is that. I love life’s “Plan B’s” and rain can do that. I’m very all about the wonder of the eyeballs - and rain very definitely affects that…

The dude (Reid) on the 1000 day sail voyage… He elates when it rains. He puts up tarps to catch freshwater… It’s not always a certainty… It’s essential to his existence…

Can you hear me, that when it rains and shines,
(When the sun shines down.)
It's just a state of mind?
(When the sun shines down.)
Can you hear me, can you hear me?
If the rain comes they run and hide their heads.


I guess it is to ours as well. It’s ok, you can rain on my parade. You can make Sunday’s 7/12 game an enda the season “rainout makeup” kinda thing.

Rain is kinda like the relative that just knida shows up, you never have an advance call, you never know when, or for how long……….. Yet, somehow, you kinda enjoy their company…

I respect rain. I expect rain. I abhore rain. I love rain. Rain keeps Mother Nature curculatin’.. A good thing.

Tired. Going to bed now. “Sides”, it’s raining out. Might as well. Love, Victurd.

No comments: