Sunday, July 06, 2008

What would you think if I sang out of tune,

Would you stand up and walk out on me ?
Lend me your ears and I'll sing you a song,
And I'll try not to sing out of key.

First off, I DO sing outta key. Don’t give a rats what anyone thinks, singing is happy. Maynard, bless his heart, has inherited this “hideous off-key ‘capability’ “ from his old man. He you tubes and sings along. “Whaddaya think dad? I sound pretty good huh?”…. Ahm, yeah.

Oh, I get by with a little help from my friends
Mm, I get high with a little help from my friends
Mm, gonna try with a little help from my friends

Now “high” in this sense means happy. Friends do make me happy. Friends help. Friends rock. Friends tease. Friends can be brutally honest. Friends can be the ‘jack’ when life lends you a flat tire. Friends know “man, I’d really like to get naked with _____” and keep it amongstya.

What do I do when my love is away
(Does it worry you to be alone ?)
How do I feel by the end of the day,
(Are you sad because you're on your own ?)

My love? Hell, I don’t know who that is. She’s out there, I rectum, but who among us knows when ‘the one’, or in this day of fitty percent divorce ratio - “the NEXT one” will happen. Sad because I’m on my own? Nah. I just feel sorry that no one has the ability to listen to this sad sap’s sense of humor up close like, and they ain’t had the privilege of riding around in my (no AC) Hot…. Rod…. Lincoln. And, thanks to The Biggest Loser Contest at work, the Matterhorn is now more like a Kansas mound. (213 to 192). Call me, 867-5309.

No, I get by with a little help from my friends
Mm, I get high with a little help from my friends
Mm, gonna try with a little help from my friends

Going with friends today to the T-Bones game - a local Kansas City Minor league baseball team. Hot dogs, drink, peanuts a dollar, free parking. Right up my alley. I got too bigga mouth about “me”, and I share damn near EVERYTHING with my friends. Like that one chicky saying “what are you, ___ years old?” (ten older than I actually am.) Damn, I hate when that happens, but it was funny, and they (a little help from my friends) always remind me.

Additionally, I be seeky 2nd job. So I’ll have enough gas money to get to 1st job. (What’s wrong with this picture.).. Well, also shared with friends (Victor, you’re blogging this too, you DO have a big mouth.) FU. Sorry, where was I? Oh yeah, applied at a local mini-mart convenience store kinda place. Been in our town for years. Have filled out two applications in the last two months. STILL gotta sign on the door ‘beggin’ for help. Turns out, my niece knows the dude. So I calls niece (with a little help from my friends).. She talks to owner. Owner says “oh yeah… I do remember his application.. But do you think he could do all the lifting?” (I remember the app asked for your graduation year, that kinda peeved me off.. and I wundered if that was legal?) GRRRRRRRRRRR. I shared with my friends. We met awhile back, shared a pitcher. When it was my turn to pour, they said “here, let me help you lift that.” Bastards. I love ‘em.

(S’more to the story)… So me, this guy that that chicky said “look __ age”, drove to said mini-mart.. “Hi, you gotta piece of paper I can leave the owner a note with?”.. Sure, here…

Dear ___, you need workers, I need work. Understand you saw my niece and she mentioned my name.. Understand you were concerned with me still being able to lift. Well… I’m currently playing softball 36 years after I played my first game. (Hey, I went “3 for 5” last game!) I was a major in physical education. Not so many years ago, I took 2nd place in the State in the long jump (my age bracket) in the Show Me State games.. (Victor, you really didn’t write that did you?).. Uh huh, did. Told friends that too. (Big mouth) And they gotta laugh outta that one. Call me. 867-5309. I’ll showya I can still lift (if ur unner 210 that is.)
I forgot to mention “I played high school football too”.. shoulda. Forgot.

Do you need anybody
I need somebody to love
Could it be anybody
I want somebody to love.

Yeah, I would like somebody. Dunno if ‘need’ is the correct word (even though that’s the phrase whatshername used.) I still think, life really is easier with two. Whenya walk and lean, u lean up agin’ one another, and it’s easier. I think I remember that sex is even more fun with two. Hehe.

Would you believe in a love at first sight
Yes, I'm certain that it happens all the time
What do you see when you turn out the light
I can't tell you but I know it's mine,

You know me by now, or should. Hell I fall in love seven times in one trip to the Piggly Wiggly. That trait has bit me (and potentials) in the butt a time or two. GO SLOW VICTOR. I can’t, it’s me. If you go fast too, and like mounds better than matter horns, would like opportune to ‘gangster out’, lay them seats back, take a (no AC) spin (not very far, $3.95 a gal) in my HRL, would care to stare at these measly legs that “not that long ago took 2nd place in the long jump”, call me. 867-5309. (Did I mention I was 3 for 5 last week?) Hehe. Victor, you’re a bragger. No, I’m a funner. I’m a ‘happier’. I love life, even if there ain’t no one there to swap spit with.

Oh, I get by with a little help from my friends

Yes. Friends help. Tis a good feel to be a friend as well. Tis a feel good to share with friends. (Victor, you share too much, stop.) FU. It’s my life and I’ll do what I want. (Oh shit, I feel another stupid song blog coming).. FU. Watching the Cardinals/Cubs game on TV the other day. Chicky says “I love the Cardinals.. But I like the Royals too.” Dude spouts out “You can’t love them BOTH!”.. I chimed in, “Sure you can. You can do whatever you want in life.” He thought about it a sec.. Then, “yeah, I rectum you’re right.”

B-bye. Gotta go. Gonna go sing in the shower, admire those “2nd place in the state in the long jump calves” (call me, 867-5309) - and hangout with buds tonight at the baseball game.

Oh, I get by with a little help from my friends

Love, Victurd.

No comments: