Monday, July 14, 2008

When the road gets dark

And you can no longer see
Just let my love throw a spark, baby
Have a little faith in me

Oh life’s dips. Driving in, I reflected on how hideously I’d played in a stupid softball game last night. I watch youth, with their young ones – I see vibrancy. I thinka how far I’m behind in today’s electronical world. I thinka my age – and how much I believe I’d enjoy sharing a lotta years – but mebbe there just ain’t that many years to share.

When the tears you cry
Are all you can believe
Just give these loving arms a try, baby
Have a little faith in me

Then I got to work and thought “you idiot, life is good, very good. You’ve got your health, you’ve got a great job with wonderful co-workers, you got Maynard, Jackson and Fig. You’re fitty five and still playing softball for begoosey sakes.

Have a little faith in me
Have a little faith in me
Have a little faith in me
Have a little faith in me

You can go out, sink four quarters in the juke, and hear Delbert sing this to cheer you up. You’re living. You’re doing.

When your secret heart
Cannot speak so *easily*
Come here darlin
From a whisper start
To have a little faith in me

Turn that frown upside down. No, you may not run like 1975. Perhaps you’ll never coach a T-Ball game again. And who cares if you don’t know and IPod from a Game Boy. You’ll never keep aging from happening – but you can be vibrant in thought. Vibrant in belief. Vibrant in life.

When your backs against the wall
Just turn around, you will see
I will catch ya, I will catch your fall
Just have a little faith in me

Scared there, I guess I was for a minute. Wallowing in self pity. Sucks eh? You ever do that? Every day should be Thanksgiving. Or, at least I needta remind me it is. I’ve lived a wonderful life, and I know there are so many wonders more ahead.

Have a little faith in me
Have a little faith in me
Have a little faith in me
Have a little faith in me

Outward Victor, not inward. Look outward. So 1975 maybe brought 4 for 5.. and last night was 1 for 5. Do you realize how lucky you are they’ve even accepted you to be a part? I do. Now. And perhaps yes, I got caught up in trying to relive my youth – at least athletically. Do you remember that you mowed the grass, touched up the entire front of the house with paint, AND played two softball games yesterday? Yeah, mebbe you’re right. I’m lucky. I ain’t 25, but I’m lucky. I’m “right on time.” Vibrancy in outlook. And hey, it’s ok to look inward too – you’ve gone many a mile, walked long hand in hand… You’re lucky Victor. You’ve really lived, and you “get to” continue on. Thanks, I needed that. Life, it be good, I just gotta go, do, live, breathe… stop, relect upon occasion to fend off those dips.

All ya gotta do is have a little faith in me
All ya gotta do is have a little faith in me
A little faith in me

I’ma dip upon occasion. But I do have faith in me. Thanks Delbert. Thanks softball team. Thanks coworkers. Thanks Maynard. Thanks family. Thanks life. Love, Dipturd.

No comments: