Saturday, November 15, 2008

What a day for a daydream.....

What a day for a daydreamin' boy
And I'm lost in a daydream
Dreamin' 'bout my bundle of joy

And that bundle of joy comes in many shapes, forms.. Sure, a female. But too, Florida, Vegas, Cancun, a cruise, Thanksgiving Dinner, the Christmas tree, a sundress, sittin’ wit’ my buds, six inches of snow, and watching it from my bed, covered with four blankets..

And even if time ain't really on my side
It's one of those days for taking a walk outside
I'm blowing the day to take a walk in the sun
And fall on my face on somebody's new-mown lawn

I dreamed today I saw snow. Just for a second, but I saw snow. Damnit it was true. Time? Not on my side? Your side? Perhaps. I tend to disagree though. Whilst our bod gravitates toward our final resting place.. The file cabinet of our brain gets fuller.. The sortation processes of “what to keep” “what’s important” “what goes on the front burner” are way better at fitty than at fitteen, or, don’t shoot me Misty/Kendra, 27-ish.. (I will admit, you’re two sharp muther dubbers, and yes, I believe you both are wise beyond your years and perhaps you “get it” as well as anya us old rasins.)

I've been having a sweet dream
I been dreaming since I woke up today
It's starring me and my sweet thing
'Cause she's the one makes me feel this way

Eh sure, why not dream. I have this ‘vision’ fairly frequently… but I ain’t sure dream is the approriate wording.. I think it just happens.. If it happens.. Had to address this since it was in the GD lyrics.. My dreams are broader, more diverse. Yours? Daydreams aren’t always futuristic… they’re about the past, like dat chit we wrote about yesterday.. They’re about family, and hone in on a certain era, time… They’re about past relationships, and the good times within.. About people who once played starring roles in our lives but the ‘show’ has been cancelled..

And even if time is passing me by a lot
I couldn't care less about the dues you say I got
Tomorrow I'll pay the dues for dropping my load
A pie in the face for being a sleep'n bull doag

Huh? The hell’s that mean? I guess it means sometimes we’re selfish. Sometimes we slip. Sometimes we’re human. Guilt/selfishness/pride are hard to swallow.. But they will go down…

And you can be sure that if you're feeling right
A daydream will last long into the night
Tomorrow at breakfast you may pick up your ears
Or you may be daydreaming for a thousand years

Breakfast tomorrow.. That’s a nice dream. It means we get another. Breakfast is my favorite meal, when it ain’t hurried. We dream often. The computers in the ole brain always chuggin’ along.. No cobwebs there. Worry, yes.. Wake in the middle of the night worrying? Me too. Then, I take a friend’s advice “what’s done is done, nothing you can do about it now.”: If I see this red door (worry) I want it painted black (daydream instead.)

What a day for a daydream
Custom made for a daydreaming boy
And I'm lost in a daydream
Dreaming 'bout my bundle of joy

Had’a buddy I worked with at United Airlines. Fernando Papi. Talked pretty fast, nifty smile. His favorite saying was “It not my yob man, it not my yob.” Fernando always asked “wanna see a picture of my pride and joy? Sure Fernando, let’s see.. He’d open his wallet, and there it was.. A picture of a bottle of Pride.. And a bottle of Joy. Hehe.

It’s said, approximately 37% of time at work is spent on work. Hella daydreaming there, perhaps not with intent, happens. In a crowd - survey. Cool. Dream.

“There are voices in my head” and I’m glad there are. Thank God for daydreams. Them neurons are pretty nifty shit! Daydreams are unique to us all. I mean there’s probably some weirdos out there who even daydream about “her” standing at the floor to ceiling window in the bedroom clad only in her negligee. Hehe. Prevert! Ok, guilty.

Whatever thoughts go thru your brain, I’m glad they’re there. What a day for a daydream. Love, Victurd.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what are the most important qualities that you require in your Joy?

1HM

Check engine light said...

Fun. Smiles. Seeing smiles goes a very long way in making me happy. Seeing my family in good times with no struggle. Seeing them when there are times of struggle with the can do/can whoop/will get past attitude. Expressing love/like. All follow closely behind seeing MU kick KU's butt in any sport. You?

Anonymous said...

Seems we may have the same things in common where Joy is concerened, except maybe KU. Not a fan of college sports at this time.

However, lately, my 3-year old granddaughter says some pretty amazing things that makes my heart strings sing! One day she touched a pine tree and said "The Christmas tree slobbered on my finger;" or the day she picked a fall mum and smelled it one long snifffff and commented on how it smelled like a popcycle; or the time she said the trees were cold and needed to have their leaves back on! The world thru a 3-year old's eyes can be pretty amazing, too!

I've always valued family first. I have been a step mother since I was 17 and helped raise a lot of other people's kids along the way - sometimes Joy is just being mom to the children I love and they don't have to be mine.

I am slowly learning to enjoy my own company. Cooking for one is a challenge and finding things to do for one can be fun. Learning to say no when I need to has been hard. Most of my life has been around family; me time used to be hard to find. I'm training my children to take care of their lives. I don't need adult babysitters.

Joy can be many things and in many forms. As you said sometimes a smile from a stranger is joy, a whisper in your ear, a phone call from a friend, a text message, an email, a drive in the country, listening to music, crafting, a wink, a simple thank you, babies both human and animal, and for me sometimes the sweat of man.

1HM