Friday, November 07, 2008

Jumper cables……

Got dandruff, someofit itches. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr… Go away winter – come back… oh…. say the second weeka January…

Lower than white wale shit at the deepest parta the ocean. That’s the term that was in some fraternity song we sang eons ago. Funny, I was a PE major, can’t remember the basic muscles, bones of the bod, but I can word for word still recite Sigma Nu songs. Color me a simpleton. But a happy simpleton!

Well… kinda-sorta…

Took yesterday off because Gladys Kravats had called the City to complain of her neighbors (that be me) fence that had partially fallen… gutter, that had partially fallen off, and, a hole in the siding…. so, she was right to grump, it’s just that I hate her. VICTOR, hate is a strong word.. eh, sorry… I do.. (She yanked my son’s arm when he was 13, I ain’t talked to her since…)

Sooooooooooooo……. this old sumbitch did physical stuff all day… and I’m usedta sitting in cubicle, staring at computer, about the only calories I burn is when I get up to pee, or grab a snack from atop the filing cabinets…

Tired. I was tired. Then…. when making the last cut with skill saw (I can’t cut straight with that damn thing… why do they call it a skill saw?)… Blew a breaker.

So now… Maynard can’t play PlayStation 2 in the living room… and… brrrrrrrrrrrr… the breaker that blew also happens to operate the furnace… Cats help, blankets help, but damn it’s cold.

Ok, justabout done griping, ‘cept, there’s more bills than money at this point, and I hate$ giving an electrician the resta what’s there.

Done.

It’s just that, forgive me Father, some days suck. Some times suck. In the gamea life, sometimes you scratch on the 8-ball. Thenagain Victor, don’t forget you’ve knocked that sucker in on the break and won in one shot too… Yeah, rectum you’re right. Up, down, all around.

With losses come VICTORies… When one rides off ona Harley, perhaps anuther will spring up!..

So I got-ta thinkin’… what’s good for a jumpstart, my battery (me) is growling.

I likes…… music… pettin’ my cats.. a beer with my HS cronies… regular ole banter at work… writing (sorry, for you!)… a drive with the eyeballs peeled… seeing a deer cross the highway… catching an old friend in the aisle at the Piggly Wiggly… An email from a friend for no apparent reason..

A slicea pecan pie (thanks to my niece)… Seeing the gas gauge full and I didn’t haveta get a 2nd mortgage to fill it.. Planters Salted Peanuts.. I can’t subsist without them suckers…

Helping a friend… Smiling at’ta stranger.. Hearing the laugh of those around where that laugh comes so freely – and we really oughta stop and tell ‘em either “I so so enjoy your quick laugh” or “you’re always happy, whatinthehell is wrong with you?”…

Jumpstarts. Grumpy days. Lacka money upon occasion. Yuck. Muck. Just gotta remember, for every night spent alone, thinka the last time one got laid! Ups/downs, no pun intended. Mebbe.

Life, you’rea sonofagun and a thing of wonder all in one. Thanks for the ride. Thinkin’ about a hybrid. Maybe it would make the whole trip less costly.

So, if you’re havin’ a grumpy day… do as I say. (hehe)… bitch, moan, cuss, stomp, blog on the inside, and smile on the outside. If one smiles frequently enough and you’re single, they’ll think “aha, had the ups and downs eh?”… And maybe just maybe that day will happen.. again..

Love, grumpy (sometimes) Victurd…

No comments: