Thursday, November 13, 2008

Mirrors, video and photos… Intuition.. and Dance a Little Sidestep..

When u think about it, this is the only time we really see ourselves.. We’re captive for others – thus, opinions are formulated easily. Me, you. How do we know ourselves? Our vision is outward, our thoughts are mainly private – our brain runs a mile a minute..

Ooh I love to dance a little sidestep, now they see me now they don't-
I've come and gone and, ooh I love to sweep around the wide step,
cut a little swathe and lead the people on.

I don’t know how to relate this to young punks, but… to me, dating, and “seeing who the other is” progresses at the pace of a 78 record… In a whirlwind we decide. It’d be like “The Presidential Election is tonight, here’s your candidates… please decide.” Holy shit, you gotta be kidding me? No. Sorry. You’re on stage. Captive. We’ll review, then decide. With that decision, it’s etched. THAT’S who you are from our shoes. Sorry.

This, of course, goes both ways. I’ve been in situations where, as soon as I got outta the car, I just knew “huh uh.” Other times, I’ve enjoyed myself tremendously, “read” the other and their actions – believed they too believed – and then it’s all followed by that dreaded silence. Silence, in dating, hurts. Either end.

I’ve been “78”ed and told “too quiet”.. “too forward” (SORRY! I’m the baby, gotta love me!).. “Smoke too much”.. “Need to show more fortitude with my son.”… “Handsome” (It was a blind date.)..

And then I’ve been told “nothing”.. That silence.. The 78 decision/picture, apparently tweren’t a good one.

My thoughts on this: who gives a shit. Honest. Our view of our ownself, as we’ve mentioned – is really only in a photo, on a video, or a peek in the mirror. The remarkable brain we all possess – this is our long play, 33. We know ourself – we do. We know our heart, or lack thereof. We know our evil, or lack thereof. We know our spiritual nature, or lack thereof.

My father said on more that one occasion “Victor, you’re a follower.” And perhaps I was… No more. I am me. I likes me, if someone else doesn’t, I ain’t gots no control over that. Hurts a tad mebbe – but we all have diverse likes, dislikes. It’s human nature, and again, it goes both ways.

Victor, what are you saying here? Well, I’m saying that we ALL judge, and we ALL judge in 78 speed. Frankly, that’s perhaps not fair, but, it’s the way. I’m saying, that perhaps the innards affect the outtards in dating, or even when simply meeting one for the first time in the “real world”… The older I get, the more I understand “Some people just won’t like me.” Or you. It still bothers me – but, now I rollover and go back to sleep pretty easily!

So….. I’m suggesting here that all first dates should be 72 hours insteada 4. Play a 33 (if you can find one).. Dance.. Snuggle.. Talk.. Learn.. Judge slow.. Laugh.. Giggle.. Hell, tickle even.

Can one “know” the other in 72 hours? Well of course not, but it’s a greater glance.. Could fend off buyer’s remorse as the longer the view, the moreya see. You might find things that really bug you.. thenagain, you might find wonderful things you’da never EVER thought existed in the person you’re with…

So…… I’m free this weekend. If you have interest in a 72 hour date at 33 speed… call me.. We’ll do lunch.. and dinner.. and breakfast.. 867-5309….

Ooh I love to dance a little sidestep, now they see me now they don't-
I've come and gone and, ooh I love to sweep around the wide step,
cut a little swathe and lead the people on.

Good luck in learning of yourself better – and please help me (and you) to keep from “78”ing our opines of others. (Not to say that 78 opine isn’t necessarily “right on”.. it’s just perhaps not fair – either way.)

Until the day I pee my pants and forget my name, love, Victurd.

No comments: