Saturday, November 08, 2008

Ah keep your eyes on the road,

Your hands upon the wheel.
Keep your eyes on the road
Your hands upon the wheel.
Yeah, were going to the roadhouse,
Gonna have a real good-time.

The excitement of going. Doing. Friends. Not work. Not sleep. Not cleaning the house. Not being in the ‘have to’ mode.. Fun. Relaxation with excitedness…

Yeah, the back of the roadhouse,
Theyve got some bungalows.
Yeah, the back of the roadhouse,
Theyve got some bungalows.

They dance for the people
Who like to go down slow.

Dancing – what could be better? Said before, I’m too white to fast dance, so I just get out there and move a bit. But slow dance….. mercy is there anything better or romantic. I even likes watching people dance when they ain’t at’ta dance..

Let it roll, baby, roll.
Let it roll, baby, roll.
Let it roll, baby, roll.
Let it roll, all night long.

Let it roll… Yes, let it roll. Now this doesn’t mean you have to live life hard out partying – but, in some sense, life is a party… and you don’t have to attend a party (or a dance) to let it roll… Baby.

Do it, robby, do it!

You gotta roll, roll, roll,
You gotta thrill my soul, alright.
Roll, roll, roll, roll-a
Thrill my soul.

Thrill the soul. Yeah. What’d we say in the 60’s? Groovy. Far out. Excellent. Again, we go back to that damn choice word. What’s a thrill for one might not be for the other. I pity the other.

Ashen-lady.
Ashen-lady.
Give up your vows.
Give up your vows.
Save our city.
Save our city.
Ah, right now.

I’d always hoped this had actually said “passion lady” – but it didn’t. Because to me, the zest of life is spiced just a tad bit more by passionate women. Now I don’t mean (specifically) sex passion… I mean passion… For whatever reason, in general, God created woman (please don’t slap me) not quite as strong physically as the male. Sure, there are exceptions, but for the most part this is true. So…… to see a gal demonstrate passion – for anything, is.. well.. groovy.. (Mebbe why way back in ’75, I was attracted to a gal who played basketball, drove a school bus, rode a motorcycle, AND, had a 4.0 in Biology.)

Well, I woke up this morning
And I got myself a beer.
Well, I woke up this morning
And I got myself a beer.

I’ve not done this in some time, but I have. I think it’s more about the celebration of life versus the actual act of drinking, getting drunk. The potential of ‘high’ is out there if we wanna grab it, and it doesn’t require alcohol, drugs, etc… (Ahm, Victor, weren’t you at The Dish Pizza joint last night?... Ok ok, got me – but, I absolutely try to live intoxicated with/about life when I ain’t sitting behind a cold mug. I fail sometimes, but ‘choice’
I have to remember, lifts me. And I hope you.

The futures uncertain
And the end is always near.

Let it roll, baby, roll.
Let it roll, baby, roll.
Let it roll, baby, roll.
Let it roll, all night long.

The futures uncertain and the end is always near. Yes, nicely spoken Jim. Jim ain’t here no longer. He bit the big one. Left behind is the legacy of his music. He’s etched in CD’s across the land.. As I pulled into work today (yes, Saturday. Work. I’d rather be going to the roadhouse.. hell, I’d even take an ashen lady at this point!).. this song was on.. And it kinda reminded me life’s a party.

The departed. Family members. Friends. Former teachers. Neighbors. We don’t have their CD’s for instant recall. The only CD we have of them is what’s etched in our brains.

Come to think of it, as we put the right leg forward, then the left, we create our own CD in life. When I gets in those down situations – stuff like music helps. I gotta remember “let it roll, baby, roll. We’re going to the roadhouse and gonna have a real good time.” If we choose that.

Have fun creating the CD of your life. I’m glad to be a parta it. I like your smile. I like your zest. I like your passion. I like your upbeatedness. Really nice how, when I know you might not be so spiffy on the inside – that you always portray “let it roll, baby, roll” on the outside.

The futures uncertain and the end is always near. Let’s hold hands and treasure the day, eh?
Love, Victurd

No comments: