Thursday, November 20, 2008

Phooo pheee phooo pheee phooo… phaaaw pheeew phaaaw..

That, was a very bad attempt to spell out, sound out, the “whistle theme” from The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly.

Victor. You’re not gonna make us revisit a forty year old movie are you?

Mebbe. Ok, won’t. But, whenya stop and think about it, the name (the good, the bad, the ugly) kinda comprises life.

I bet here Victor you’re gonna ask “what’s the good, the bad, the ugly in your life” and then you’re gonna proceed (when no one askedya) to relate the good, the bad, the ugly in your life.

Asshole. You may be right – is another song, but for another day.

Yes, of course. Please stop and think – what’s your good, bad, ugly.

And…….. uh huh.. here goes…..

Good: friends, family, pets, job (thanks for keeping this old fart as long as you have).. health (for the most part), life perspective (I think), choosing fun over patooey, a van that starts when I turn the key, actually goes down the road and that I’ve never had hooked up behind a two truck… love, like, ‘reconditioned’ eyeballs.. lots…

Bad: Money, lackthereof.. (This is where POF gals scram. Huh? Oh, I put on this dating site “Plenty of Fish” that if you really wanna know me, visit this blog).. so, admit to having a 101K insteada a 401K, in my best pig Latin “eythey, illway, amscray”.. The condition of my house – thanks in large part to a very depressed person for a fairly significant period after the sudden demise of a pretty happy 20+ year marriage… Son having occasional anger. I wish I could do something to assist here. We’ve talked “doctor/meds” – nope.. can’t get horse to water.. And some piddly stuff, but that’s the primary “bad.”

Ugly: To me, ‘ugly’ is akin to evil. Strange thing, or sad, ‘pendin’ on howya look at it, it can lend to excitement. Friends, married. At this one place I/we occasionally go to – it happens virtually every time – he’ll be yapping with someone else – she’ll seek me out.. pull me to the Juke Box (ok, so I don’t set my feet and say “no”, color me guilty.. or ugly) and we dance for a looooong time.

Last night. This friend, kinda-sorta did “a little more” than ‘just dancing”. Perhaps not apparent to those other party-goers, but very apparent to me.. and then.. followed with the words “Don’t you have something to ask me?”… The “aww shucks” in me had this one fly right over my head for about an hour.. “You mean ‘how’s the kids’?.. Is your life ok? Are you happy in your job? Is he?”… No Victor. “Don’t you have something to ask me?”….

So…… I am assuming she was suggesting getting “more”.. and I have a very good idea what that entailed (en-tail perhaps pun intended too).. and, the ugly – I thought about it.

Nuther friend. Another he/she arrangement. Not married, just together. “I love him, but when we go out, it’s like he’s with his friends and not me… he always leaves me… that, and he tells me he’s ‘not suited for a relationship’ “ yet they stay together… It was then she suggested we get together “just to see if spark there.” The ugly, I considered. This guy is very well loved in our town – and I would very definitely be “the bad (ugly) guy” in this, and it’d be hard to face all, especially him.

Bottomline, how’d it go in “Chickenman”? “Evil lurks within.”

So there I am. I’m Good. I’m Bad. I’m Ugly. Sadly (mebbe) the Good and the Ugly are the most exciting – and I’m learning/have learned there just ain’t a lot that can be done about the Bad.

Phooo pheee phooo pheee phooo… phaaaw pheeew phaaaw..

Ain’t there a commercial that says “what’s in your wallet?”… Well, instead, “what’s in your Good, Bad and Ugly.”…

Jumpin’ on ma horse now. GIDDYUP! (And stay up if you can!)… Love, Victurd.

No comments: