Friday, November 14, 2008

The crevice game....

I have…

Smiles on my face, and no idea why. Just gotta haircut, seen them North-South crevices… was gonna worry about it.. figured ain’t worth it.. So, mebbe why I smile.. Them suckers (crevices) are earned…

I’ve laughed at you, me, much. I’ve laughed at my sister’s humor, my father’s humor, my mother’s humor – the creeps! (Said with love.. they helped create these crevices then the sonofaguns left me!

In the barber’s chair.. little snotnose across the way…. Haircut lady had him gigglin’.. is there anything better than a kid’s laugh/giggle? Well ok, mebbe one or two things, but they’re pretty darn cool…

Senta email to a Big Wig lady at a West Coast Port Agency… She’d asked me a question that I didn’t have the answer for… so I forwarded it “two steps above me” and started the email:
Big Daddy (Maryanne, he FORCES us to call him that!)… She emailed back “Glad that you can mix fun and work.”… Is there any other way? Dunno how old u are, where ya been, where you’re going… ain’t it refreshing though to think back on all those that helped create your crevices? (Don’t worry 20-somethings, they’re forming, it just takes another 30 or so years for ‘em to “Ditch out”…)

Victor, you’re being a GD (gosh darn) Pollyanna again… No.. Not playing “The Glad Game”… I think a lemon is a lemon.. and many times I don’t make lemonade outta ‘em.. For some very weird reason I feel peaceful, serene, and am thankful for all of the past people who put smiles on my face…

Ain’t it great to see someone you ain’t seen in quite awhile.. and in those 20 or however many paces it is before you get up to hug, shake hands, a smile erupts and you review in your brain somea the rotten shit you’d done together? I love that feel. An appreciation for yesterday. Saying, without saying “I like the hell outta you and I have fond memories of past times with you.” Life can’t be repeated… situations change.. but until we make it to Golden Acres – it’s there baby. Etched. YOU CAN’T TAKE MY PAST FUN AWAY FROM ME!!!!

At this very moment, I don’t have a thing planned for this night (Friday night)…. Goodness, back in the day, that’s all we’d talk about all week… and it usually bore out to be as fun as what we’d envisioned… Tonight though, I reflect on that. And it’s a good feel.

The growing season. It’s year round. Whilst we’ve got them memories of the crevice-makers of the past – it’s full speed ahead to making more. As the waitress at the local hideout said, after laughing, coughing so hard at what one had said “I just about peed my thong.” So now, my running cronies and I, if we’re ever outta conversation – we resort to that. Her saying.

Pete and repete. Little digs (fun) about stuff you’ve done in the past – and you’re reminded of it. At one time I’d gone out with a gal… ok, misnomer, it was a one-nighter (Forgive me Father) and when I met up with the boys, it truly wasn’t a kiss and tell.. but I did stupidly blurt out “I’d marry her”.. They’ve never let me forget this, and I love them for never letting me forget it… much as I will never let Clay forget the night in high school when he threw a dart at me (yes, a dart) and it lodged in my knee. Sitting there, sure incredible pain, but more incredulous to the act – I just stared at it in disbelief.. Tis ok, I’ve used it for 30 years of fodder.

Dumb stuff. I love dumb stuff. The brain, we all know, filled with – what are they called? Neurons? Well sometimes we humans have thoughts that bypass all that crap, we do something TOTALLY stupid… and upon occasion someone sees us.. and it’s never forgotten.. and frequently reminded. I’m glad for that.

Ok, no catchy ending here. Victor, who said you had catchy endings. Bite me neuronless. I thought I’d just stop for a moment and be a little thankful for all those around me in my past, present and hopefully future – that’ve (that a word?) helped me ‘build’ these GD crevices. Looking at it with “the Glad game” eyes, hell.. when I cry, it’s makes a hella easy way for tears to escape.. down the eye, past the nose, either the Tigris or the Euphrates will guide it down past my chin – and to the ground.

Thank you for allowing me to celebrate laughter… Sometimes I get droopy, and forget to play “The Crevice Game.” Pollyanna assuredly woulda loved seafood, liver, cottage cheese. Not me. I ain’t the Glad Game- but I’m all about (trying anyways) the Crevice Game. Hope you are too. Good luck you sonofaditches. Love, Victurd.

No comments: