Thursday, April 27, 2006

Who's calling please?

I really abhor those words... It's all about ranking people - and somehow, I try to see people as the same worth... One day at work I was asked that - and I replied "George W. Bush" - to which the person said "hmmm... that oughta get 'em on here!"...

Somebody. I AM SOMEBODY. Self importance - look at me... my car is better than yours... I make more... they value me more... I ain't real fonda all that. Maybe that's why I'll continue to hustle along in mediocrity the remainder of my life..

We have asskissers here at work. Me no comprende. Either you do your job and you do it well - or you don't. Why ass kiss?

We gotta guy flying in from Baltimore today... One of our vendors.. The guy's cool - and we joke virtually daily... A couplea days ago I was whisked into 'next-to-top dog's office'.. "Vic, we've got an opportunity for you." Hmmm.. K... "Marc is coming into town Thursday, and we'd like you to play golf with us... we'll be playing at Deer Creek." Holy shit, Deer Creek? Ya gotta have silk undies to play at Deer Creek.. My irons don't match.. I needa new golf bag.. Will they notice I got my golf shoes at the Thrift Store? Shit, I don't even havea sleeve of balls... "Ok, sounds cool, thanks."

It ain't fair that I'll be there and my coworkers will be here - so why did I get somewhat excited when I was asked? Do I wanna get to the point where someday I have a go-between to find out just whointhehell is calling me? (My best friend in High School.. few years after we graduated he gotta job at a bank and moved his way up to the main loan officer... usedta piss me off I had to go thru a screener to get to him... and I told him... "You sonofabitch... of all the crap we've gone thru... all the situations we've bailed each other outta.. and you gotta find out just who it is calling you?".. hehe..

Anyways, I'm not certain I can spend much more time with you low life blog-readers. I'm thinkin' about going to the Men's Warehouse.. buyin' me some duds... hangin' at Barnes & Noble drinking my latte'... Maybe movin' closer to the Plah-za.. (No, ain't pronouncin' it Plaza... I'm somebody.. ya gotta call it "the PLAH-ZA.")

In fact.. I think I'll develop some kinda user id/password for this stupid blog.. yeah, that'd be cool.. I can weed out who I don't want in here.. Control.. Somebody.. Uppity.. Poo-poo no stinky...

Or.. on the other hand... I can just go play golf today.. have a couplea beers... say a few smartass (fun) things to the 'officers' - and sneak back into my little cubicle I adore so much tomorrow.

Yeah, that's what I'll do.... .Say.. Have I given you one of my business cards yet?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»

Anonymous said...

I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»