Monday, April 10, 2006

Its stinks where I work.......

Oh come on Victor, everyone – at some point, hates where they work…..

Talkbacker, you ignorant slut. I mean it STINKS where I work.. We’ve got a friggin’ skunk in our rafters.. or in a backroom.. or somewhere.. it STINKS where I work…

But since you started it – yes, there are occasions where your version of the word ‘stink’ fits.. From the point where whatshername decided ‘girls night out’ should be three nights a week – this place has been my one constant in keeping me mentally upright. No, it ain’t perfect – but I’ve worked at a lotta worse places..

I abhor self importance. We come into this world naked, all pretty much the same – but for whatever reason thoughts are imbedded in some folks “hey, I’m better than you… watch it, I will trample you.. don’t waste my time, I will dispose of you.. I don’t react to things like normal people do – and because I am special, that validates my reaction.”

I hada lady tell me once “my time is more important than your time.” She truly saw from those shoes. Is there any word other than bitch that fits here?

Victor, you just called your work “the thing that kept you mentally upright” why the bitching now? Eh, I dunno. If one types it, is it considered bitching? I don’t use oxygen to bitch (ie, bitch aloud).. I bitch here. Oh, and FU very much, this is my blog, and if I wanna bitch, I WILL bitch. Got it…… bitch?

We have this hideous loud speaker thingy here at work… it reminds me a whole lot of Franklin Elementary school… it’s announced when it’s 8am.. and it’s announced when it’s 5pm.. Occasionally I expect them to announce “Bus 37 is here now.” Or… for the kindergartners “The Duck bus has arrived.” I can live with all that… They pretty much leave me alone… They pay me with regularity… and this place is well run financially – I don’t think we’re going anywhere.

So…. I’ll bitch s’more! We have a couplea folks.. individually, quite nice actually… but, I worry about their carcass’s becoming bottom-heavy.. you’ll be on the phone.. or working on something and hear the loudspeaker “so-and-so, please call extension such-n-such.” This ain’t a building the size of the Pentagon. You can traverse it in roughly 40 seconds. GD, if I want to speak to someone and they ain’t answering their phone, I get my lazy ass up and go find them. Why would I want to interrupt what 49 other people are doing?..... Victor, that’s a pretty trivial gripe… SCREW YOU… it’s the point… “I am up here.. I can’t find you… you down there.. thus, I will summons you to attend to me… My work/time is more important than your work, time.”

I love team sports. They teach so…. Yes, you can have an awesome shortstop.. but you take away the other players and that shortstop ain’t shit. Next time you need to talk to someone here.. take the field by yourself as the shortstop and try to get three outs.. You want to find a teammate? Get off your all important (not to mention growing) ass and find them.

Ok, better now… Victor, since you’ve bored us with your disgust for self-important folks at work – can you share some good crap about it?

Hey, for once talkbacker, you make some sense. (don’t let it go to your head however, in general your opine usually stinks!) Yes, I love hearing about other’s lives at work.. I appreciate the differences in us all – and I love to watch/listen about others and what perks them… I love passion in one’s work and beliefs.. and I just love the playing field – and I’m aware when the center fielder ain’t here – we miss them. This ain’t a manufacturing facility – but in a way it is… We are each dependent upon the other… if one role isn’t fulfilled, the boat don’t float. Getting the boat to float is rewarding when it’s a team effort.

So, ceptin’ for a few with the belief “I am better than you” this place is really an Ok place to work. Right now, however, it really really does literally stink. I think I’ll sneak out for the resta the day and try out that ritzy new golf course up the way… “Oh caddie.. OH CADDIE… I am ready now... please wash my balls.”

No comments: