Friday, April 28, 2006

Back in the saddle.....

There are instances in life where doing something outta the norm is a good thing - but, returning to status quo is even better...

Getting in one's car after driving a rental car... Being around other's children - then being with your own... A motel bed versus the finely concaved thing one calls 'my bed'....

Seeing the 'population' sign at the entryway of one's hometown after traversing out of it... A training function or meeting at work - finally to return to one's desk.

My cubicle. I'm back in my cubicle again. Catchy, could be a song. Great time golfing with the brass... Actually had three of six new balls left - which, considering we played at a course where every friggin hole is built around the winding creek - I ain't considerin' that too bad.. I'm sore, I'm sunburned - but I'm back in the saddle again..

Where I work is really a good, good place to work. If you do your job and do it decently - there's eventual reward. It does have it's idiosyncrasies though. We have parking/entrance on the East side for 'the upper crust'. The resta us park on the West side, have to click a damn code to get in. (I'm reminded of our local cemetery... Believe it or not, at one time there was burial on "this side of the road for whites, that side of the road for blacks." Be for real. One of my buddies - who happened to be black - recently passed away. His wife - who happened to be white - asked him when his cancer worsened "which side of the road do you want to be buried on?" Be for real was his answer too. Jimmy 'parked on the West Side with the coded entry'. We are one - to cave into separation just ain't right.)

For a long time I was intimidated by 'the brass' here. Silly at age 53, but true. No longer. Is that some scary shit? Should I be worried if I were to have an urge to park on the East side - have my own damn office with no co-workers to contend with? Not no, but hell's no there's no urge for that. Rationalization for acceptance of my own mediocrity? Eh, nah. I'm back in the saddle. I will climb the ladder here - but only if a fluorescent bulb goes out.

Now if I could only find a saddle for Maynard.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»

Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»