Friday, April 07, 2006

Dave....

The very first time I saw this guy I knew I liked him. His smile lit up the room. Excitement for each and every thing that came his way.. Back in the dinosaur days, we belonged to different fraternities - and at our sometimes backwards little liberal college - that was about the same relationship a blood would have with a crip.. Didn't matter - I liked him as a person - you simply couldn't help it.

Whilst we weren't close close friends - when our paths crossed there was always conversation - and he was the best friend to one of my best buds, Tip. Blood/Crip, Sigma Nu/Kappa Alpha, it didn't matter.

Dave was from the small town of Marionville, MO.. "Home of the grey squirrel" he'd proudly boast.. A real 'down home' kinda guy. He stepped onto the football team as a freshman in college and quickly gained the respect of the older fellers by knowing what to say/when. Still, very upbeat. A good teammate, a good friend. A pleasure to know.

Early this week, as Dave drove home from his teaching job - a 16 yr old was drag racing on I-35 - ran Dave into the median - across 4 lanes. Dave was ejected from his truck and died at the scene. Why?

Dave, like my sister, grabbed every ounce out of every day. Almost as if their subconscious knew the end. Why?

Please - suckup every ounce of every day... and please be safe in your car....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»

Anonymous said...

Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»

Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»