Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Tears….

Thank goodness for water. If’ns we ain’t got water, we’re vanished. No drink. No crops. No rivers, streams, lakes, pools, creeks… Snow.. Rain.. Oceans..

Ya hear people say “I love being around water.” And it’s true. There’s something special ‘bout it. Of course, the peaceful sound of crashing breakers at the ocean.. The clearness of a rushing creek.. The serenity of sitting on the grass by the lake – sun beaming, doing it’s display across the flat shield of water…

Inside, we have all this. And we display water when we cry. I, a male, am very GD thankful I cry. I just cried.

Friend sent a video of five young gals, two of ‘em 6, two 7, one 8… singing a jolting rendition of the National Anthem.. I felt great listening to their talent, and yes, it’s possible to have talent in singing at this age. I thought of our folks out there working on behalf of our country. Foreign soil.. Certainly they with occasional tears longing to return to familiar soil. I thought of these kids parents, and surely tears of proudness swelling in their eyes. I thought simply of emotion, and whadda wonderful muther dugger it is.

Sure, there’s rotten emotion. But, when rotten emotion hits, tears are like the pinprick to the balloon. Get that shit out. I never wish rotten on anyone, but do you remember the feeling after a good cry? Sure. We all do.

Tears help us recover. Tears help us express hurt. Tears can be selfish, but what the hey, it’s our life – upon occasion we can. The good tears. Hell yeah. Could be watching a wedding. Could be seeing a kid you’re close to excel in a sporting event, musical performance… dance.. school program.. Could be just sitting next to one you love – holding hands… Tears are wonderful.

I remember as a kid… well ok, 18. Buddy and I would (close your ears) go to the X-rated Drive In (uh huh, they had ‘em) once or twice every summer. We’d duck down in our cars making sure no one saw us.. Then we got’ta thinking, “hey, THEY’RE here too… why hide?”…

Same with tears. Whenever I have a feel good moment and I’m brought to tears – which could be any Sunday night watching Extreme Makeover… I look around to see if anyone sees me crying. Then I think “what the hey, they cry too..” or at least I hope they do.

Life is fulla up and down. Tears surround up and down. We’ve water inside us. God brings it out when necessary. No matter if it’s a good, happy cry, or a good, needed, ‘down’ cry – it’s onea the ways our body helps us make it thru this thing called life.

Our ‘pipes’ never freeze. Our ‘rivers’ never run dry. There’s no scraping our ‘windshields.’ Occasionally ‘flooding’ maybe – but never a drought. Tears are feel. Feel is wonderful. If one doesn’t feel, the hell’s the use in being here.

We all cry for different reasons, some of us are prompted easily – some, rarely – and never in public. I ain’t got a lotta control over that faucet. When the moment hits, it hits. I don’t mind tears. In fact, I’m glad I have ‘em.

If nothing else, this is fun. I hopes u enjoy – and thanks Teresa for sharing.




Happy day, love Victurd

No comments: