Wednesday, December 31, 2008

The Resolution is fuzzy……..

Did u make a list for 2008? Ifn’s so, gone back and graded howya did?

Here’s mine… with results… some good, some not so good, some chitty…..

Sleep outside… (Accomplished)

Continue to blog, good Lord willing…. (Uh huh, have)

Boogie til 2009... (yeah, I’d say in attitude mosta the time.. I’m a crappy dancer though)

New Address… (Damnit)

Hotel/motel - 3 nights… (Nope)

Cruise… (Ha ha)

Cigs - yuck - I have GOT to get ridda the grip they have on me... Four times in the past three years - when combined with a cold, sinus infection - I've coughed until I momentarily passed out. I have got to quit, I know it and I don't have to hear a doctor say it - I know he thinks it. (Ahm, ok, would you believe I’m waiting to time this for when our City joins the area-wide bans? Yeah, didn’t think you would… brb, getting a cig.)

Tell impactive ones they were just that…. (I did to a few)..

Find the one to love… and glee in watching her get out of bed to walk to the restroom… (Ahm.. This would be scored mebbe incomplete… had all but the ‘love’ part)

Hold the hand of one I want to hold, and in return, them want to have it held.. (It wasn’t a great dating year, let’s leave it at that.)

Share a movie, rub a leg… (Uh huh, but not with enough frequency)

A weekend away for two… (Nope)

Choose happy over sad… (Mosta the time)

Pray for verbal hesitation when someone’s done something or said something that hit’s the belly/brain the wrong way…(Uh huh, ‘ceptin for the one time that lady intruded my cubicle with a little “tude” and I told her “please get the hell outta here, and when you wanna come back and talk civilly, please feel free to.”

Do something good for the world, with no remuneration to me… (One small thing)….

Say “hello” to people I don’t know more often… (Yes.. And it’s fun)

Continue to occasionally play pool with my younger friends who treat an old guy like one of the gang.. (Uh huh)

Befriend every hound I come in contact with…(Uh huh)

Have another year of patience with my son.…(YeS, i’Ve ReAlLy TrIeD, hArD sOmEtImEs.)

In every meeting I can with a friend, either say something to make them feel good about themselves, or to inquire of a part of their life dear to them - hopefully, in effect saying “I like you, I value your friendship..” (I’ve kinda sorta tried.. Not every meeting)

Throw on those size 36 jeans, and have there be a little air there between the belly/butt/hips and the denim… (Yes and no… Won biggest loser contest.. Dropped 21 lbs.. Halfa that crap is now back… 36’s still snug)

Continue to email the daily “You might be a Redneck if” joke to my buds.. (No, they got lamer and lamer… at least that’s my rationalization)

Continue to “have one”, play pool, Golden Tee bowling, shuffleboard, visit with friends regularly - BUT - to utilize the days/nights I ain’t doing that more constructively, educationally, in OTHER ways… (F… did the first part, failed on the second… mebbe a carry over for 2009)

Get a CD/DVD burner… (Nope, I ain’t even got onea them analog things yet)

Enjoy, frequent, behold the great outdoors as much as I did in my twenties. It’s taken for granted (the time left) - use it Victor. (Bouta C)

To reread this on 12/31/2008 and to simply like me and the year I’ve led.. (Yes.. But I’m weird, I like every year.. Even the ones where, say, a mate might “ride off on a Harley.” Ever seen a dude wearing onea those “the bitch fell off” T-Shirts? VICTOR! Sorry.. I AM NOT BITTER… FOR BEHOOGETY SAKES.. CAN’T YOU TELL I’M A PEOPLE PERSON!)

I resolve that the term “New Year” includes ALL of 2008, and if I thinka shit I ain’t thought of today - the want and ability to add it to this list.

I resolve to review this list quarterly with my eyes, but even way more frequently with my brain as I live 2008. (Yeah, think looked at it once, mid-year.. Sorry teacher)…

I resolve to hope my friends, loved ones know I hope 2008 is one of the best years of their life.. (I rectum, and I’ve already wished that to them for 2009)

Love, Victurd

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ya, smokin' is bad for you. If (and I say IF) you care about yourself, you'll quit one way or the other. I just hope it's not the face down one. My father died from that stuff. It's not pretty.

T