Thursday, December 04, 2008

I'm an ever rollin' wheel, without a destination real.

I'm an ever spinning top, whirling around till I drop.
Oh but what am I to do, my mind is in a whirlpool.
Give me a little hope, one small thing to cling to.

Wake up. Go to work. Take a break. Eat lunch. S’more work. Nuther break. Drive home. Eat supper. A little more work. Mebbe some fun. Go to bed. And tomorrow, a do-over.

You got me going in circles (oh round and round I go)
You got me going in circles
(oh round and round I go, I'm spun out over you)
I'm a faceless clock, with timeless hopes that never stop.

The merry go round is fun – but ifn’s ya jump off, you’ll break an ankle. At my age, mebbe blow a hip. We get on the wheel, and we don’t focus. “Watch the wheel” Vanna and Pat say. I say “watch from the wheel.”

Lord but I feel that way, of my soul. My soul is stay.
Oh but what am I to do, my mind is in a whirlpool.
Give me a little hope, one small thing to cling to.
You got me going in circles (oh round and round I go)
You got me going in circles

Spun out over life. On this wheel, but where the hell we going? Seems we pass the same things. Same view. So we don’t study it. Is there a purpose? Should we have intent? Is there sense of it?

I’m lucky. I have an ok job. I like what I do. I ain’t gettin’ rich, but the basta’s pretty much leave me alone, and that plays large. I’m thankful to be “on this circle” – but there’s a little (ok, a lot) rebel there – and I’d like to get the hell outta Dodge. Or sumpin.

Buddies o’ mine. One had 30 years in at GM by age 47, retired. He stayed on the wheel – and he’s got a great life ‘cause of it. Nuther one, he’s 35 years now at Ford. Same thing.

I ain’t gots the patience for that wheel. Close your ears, I’ve taught school, coached, driven a truck, delivered potato chips, sold for an airline, slung suitcases for a nuther, customer service for yet another, dealt craps, mowed golf greens, sport’s information director for an athletic conference, managed a small sporting goods store, managed a 65,000 warehouse operation, owned a small air cargo delivery company, umpired, refereed, bowling alley counter, logistics for a company that moves military member’s Household Goods… you name it.. I’ve been on many wheels. Some I jumped off, some went kapooey (Chapters 11 and 7).. One I got pissed and left. Felt good. “Honey, I quit today.” But you don’t have another job? “It’s ok, I’ll mow grass at the golf course if I need to.” Ended up mowing grass at the golf course for awhile. Close your ears. Liked it.

What can I say.. I get bored. I’d liketa jump, but I’m reminded of the hip, and I’m reminded of how them sumbitches I interviewed with for a 2nd job just smiled and smiled as we talked… and then I walked out the door and they musta elbowed their sidekick, smiled and said “well hell… I ain’t hiring ole’ Walter Brennan.” So, on the wheel I stay. Almost seven years now. Damn near a record for me.

Gotta itch. Can’t scratch it. Ever had a broken arm, leg, wrist? Got that cast on, itches like hell inside, can’t scratch it. So you can’t scratch from the wheel. And if that day ever comes the cast is off.. the sonofagun (arm/leg/wrist) is half the size of the other. Captivated. Controlled. Some parts to wheels ain’t good.

I love life. I love this wheel. I likes different scenery though. We get one chance. Not so certain the merry go round is for me. I’d much rather risk the roller coaster. Four-wheel mebbe, free as a bird. Go. Do. Make it. Smile. Love. See.

I ain’t so sure the point here. I guess I needs me some 49 year old, rich, divorced blonde who owns a motor home. Hehe. (I jest…. kinda.) Actually, I couldn’t do that. Wouldn’t be comfy with “hers”. Need “ours.” Yeah, that works.

I think the reminder here is, mebbe, if we Pavlov thru life, soon, it’s over. Doesn’t have to be job change. Don’t take a mate to have an interesting life. Just needta mix in what suits our fancy, keeps us fresh, young feeling (or at least attitude.) I try to do all that crap. Do enjoy the day to day of the wheel. Sometimes I just gotta stop the wheel in motion – and remember to watch, enjoy life as it spins.

K, back to the wheel. Mr. Sayjak, I’d like to buy a vowel. wAtch thE whEEl. Victor, this made no sense at all. Tell me. I’m dizzy as hell from this wheel.

Ya got me goin’ in circles. Love, Victurd.

No comments: