Sunday, December 14, 2008

I been in the write place

But it must have been the wrong time

Me again. Sorry. Couldn’t thinka a damn thing to write, so, shoulda avoided the computer.. Instead, sat my fat butt down to write. “Write place”, wrong time. However, my time, like ole’ Buck O’Neill said “I was right on time.” I’ve loved my life, all (almost) that’s been in it. Who I’m around. Where I’m around. Those I thankfully got to grow up with.

I'd of said the right thing
But I must have used the wrong line

This must be stated due to my horrible ineptitude of meeting single, attractive, available women. I ain’t the shits with come on lines such as “heavy penguins.”… Huh? You know, “icebreakers.”

I been in the right trip
But I must have used the wrong car..

Oh does this hit home. Basta’s at work all snicker. I buy ‘geriatric’ cars. Huh? You know, them on their last leg. The checkenginelight Ford Taurus didn’t have “Park” so I had to dates me a girl that lived on level ground. Hehe. The Hot… Rod… Lincoln (may it rest in compression) cost me an arm and a leg in upkeep, and not having an arm and a leg, it made softball difficult.

My head was in a bad place
And I'm wondering what it's good for

The “now”. I do what I do I guess ‘cause I do it. Fun? Some. Lonely? Eh, I dunno. Not alone mosta the time, but perhaps occasional loneliness within. I ain’t got it bad though.

I been the right place
But it must have been the wrong time

Again, right on time. Vegas, The Gulf (FL, MS, TX), Hawaii (twice), The World Series, The Baseball All Star Game, Colorado…. Right places, right times.

My head was in a place
But I'm having such a good time

Virtually every Friday and Saturday night. Makes for long, sleepy Saturday and Sunday mornings.

I been running trying to get hung up in my mind
Got to give myself a little talking to this time

Amen Brother Ben.

Just need a little brain salad surgery
Got to cure this insecurity

Mebbe true. Ok damnit. True. To look online at them dating thigys, at my bank balance, at my “101K”, I wouldn’t even write a Johnson County gal for fear of snickers.

I been in the wrong place
But it must have been the right time
I been in the right place
But it must have been the wrong song
I been in the right vein
But it seems like the wrong arm
I been in the right world
But it seems wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong

I am lefthanded. Wrong arm. I guess. I kinda likes being lefthanded.. Minority is good. I liken minority with heart, spirit, creativity. I’ll take using the wrong arm.

Slipping, dodging ,sneaking
Creeping hiding out down the street
See me life shaking with every who I meet
Refried confusion is making itself clear
Wonder which way do I go to get on out of here

Life should come with GPS. Pappa (who I wish was a Rolling Stone, woulda made things a lot more plausible!) usedta say “you’re a follower.” And probably true. You? Lead, follow, get out of the way, something like that. Reckon we need all parts. Howabout follower with a little rebel inside? Yeah. Fits.

I been in the right place
But it must have been the wrong time
I'd have said the right thing
But I must have used the wrong line
I'd a took the right road
But I must have took a wrong turn
Would have made the right move
But I made it at the wrong time
I been on the right road
But I must have used the wrong car

Dr. John u sunsabitch, you wrote this about me didn’t ya? It’s all good brother, I like the beat. I like the sound. Life’s a party, let’s get it started. There’s dance inside me, it just looks hideous when I let it out on the dance floor. Gal at work had a video of her one year old dancing. Made me look hella bad. She was awesome. It’s ok, as long as the dance is in there inside me somewhere, life’s much easier to wade thru.

My head was in a good place
And I wonder what it's bad for

My head ain’t bad I guess. It’s big. No, don’t mean ‘big-headed’, mean I wear a large baseball hat. You’d think “the more brain, the smarter”.. I’ve learned it ain’t necessarily so. I guess that simply means there is hope out there for men cursed with the dreaded disease shortpeckeritis. Hehe.

Tune in tomorrow, same bat channel, any GD time u wanna.. Mebbe we’ll do “Life is a Highway.. I did it my way”… or mebbe… “Mama don’t let your babies grow up to be cowboys”.. but then again, dated a gal.. She usedta go to the American Royal simply to stare at cowboy butts in Wranglers… ok, how about “Don’t Worry, Be Happy.” Victor, you’ve done that.

Alright wise ass.. Howabout the Sounds of Silence? Yeah that might be good. Mebbe I should just shut the hell up…. Stay warm (it’s a two blanket night here in the Midwest), have smiles, hope you’re getting’ laid.. And if you ain’t, hope you’re lefthanded…

Perverts. I meant so you’ll have “heart, spirit, creativity.” Oh Happy Day.. Love, Victurd.

No comments: