Thursday, December 11, 2008

Nothin’, nothin’

The whole day through
Just an old sweet song
Keeps nothin’ on my mind

I'm say nothing,
nothin’
A song of you
Comes as sweet and clear
As moonlight through the pines

Other arms reach out to me
Other eyes smile tenderly
Still in peaceful dreams I see
The road leads back to you

I said nothing,
Ooh nothin’, no peace I find
Just an old sweet song
Keeps nothin’ on my mind

Other arms reach out to me
Other eyes smile tenderly
Still in peaceful dreams I see
The road leads back to you

Nothin’,
nothin’,
No peace, no peace I find
Just this old, sweet song
Keeps nothin’ on my mind

I said just an old sweet song,
Keeps nothin’ on my mind…..

Woke up this morning…. nothing on my mind. In some ways, that’s a good thing.. ‘cause, makes one look for sumpin.. More attentive, nothing to clogs the veins, arteries, them neurons flow free…

Whaddaya doing tonight? Nothin’… Plans for the weekend? Nothin’ really. Nothin’ comes before sumpin.. it’s the predecessor..

All whilst sitting here all of two minutes.. my brain has switched to the smooth, soft sound of Ray Charles.. the kinda music that relaxes u, makes u almost fall asleep happily – yet invigorates, recharges, plentifies the soul…

And… (say it ain’t so Victor) of course, it made me think of one day ‘someone’ will fill in the blank of ‘nothin’..

Sometimes in life when we got sumpin, we – sure- realize it, but we forget it’s too SOMETHING. So nothin’ ain’t bad. Nothin’s about hope, appreciation, admiration, tomorrow…

I see nothin’ (sorry) wrong with thinking about nothin’ for awhile. I’ve fine tuned laying around home doing nothin’… hehe.. Friends and I go out, we talk, really about nothin’.. Come home, get up, do it allover again. Nothin’ wrong with that.

Every frown leads to your next smile, every no leads to your next yes, every down is followed by your next up… and nothin’ is followed by sumpin’. Nothin’ could be worse, I guess.

May u have fun in your nothin’-ness… May nothin’ bad happen to you… May nothin’ make you cry.. I’ve got nothin’ planned for the weekend.. you? Nothin’ better than your eyeballs here… Sorry I’ve written hella, but said nothin’… Nothin’ from nothin’ leave nothin’.. ya gotta have somethin’… but nothin’ll do for a bit.

Back to my cubicle. Gonna do nothin’. Have a wonderful weekend, even if nothin’ planned. One day, mebbe the blanks’ll be filled in with somethin’.. mebbe even someone! Happy day, love, Victurd

No comments: