Monday, December 22, 2008

How the Grinch Stole Christmas…

The “Whos” were having a good old time… They’d not quite reached the point where they played Willie Nelson’s Christmas Songs (sorry, it’s all I got)… and they were certainly not forking up “Jingle Bells” by Don’s Barking Dogs (I always save this one for cranking on my puter 12/24 at work.. Brings a smile or two.. And sure, a few rolled eyebrows, I don’t care, it’s friggin’ Christmas….

So my day starts (please run now, or stop reading if you don’t like scary movies, crappy endings, or coal in your sock) waking up a 23 yr old young man, who happens to double as my son… and I’d overslept, by like 7 minutes… all hell broker loose.. I was cursed at… evil-eyed at..and I’m thinking “Well now”… and I actually said “well now” aloud.. As in “ahm, you’re 23, you should be waking your ownself up… “ and it was overheard… and… you don’t wanna know…

Then, I drop him off at work… Continue on to my job… Feeling festive.. So, I wing a kinda-sorta sentimental email to “our group” that usedta work together.. We had fun in the day.. Lots… And I get an email back (Close your ears Lisa) from KB and it spoke about “whatinthehell have you been drinking” or something similar. It really bummed me out. I love this gal, and I know she occasionally speaks herky-jerky, but I was being serious… in relating how much her/their friendship meant.. And it kinda blindsided me… but, I’ve a history of getting feelings hurt too easily, so scoffed that shit off.

Then… HR lady called me into her office… “Vic, we’ve got some anniversaries we’re gonna celebrate during our company party Wednesday… So-and-so and so-and-so have been here five years… This guy fitteen years.. Her twenty… and him, 40 years.. FORTY YEARS, now I want you to write intro’s for all.. And I especially wanna make the 40 year thing extra special.”

I was honored. This wasn’t about “me”, and I had no notions to friggin make it about me…

So I emailed one’a the honorees.. The 20 year person.. Who happened to be the supervisor of onea the five year persons.. And said something like “_____ is getting an award for five years of service, and I will be happy to obtain personal stuff.. Would you be so kind to write up a short diddy about her job/duties/performance?… The return email said “I know you’re a good writer and all, but why you?”……….

I felt about as tall as Mini-Me on the court versus the Los Angeles Lakers….

I didn’t friggin ask anyone for this duty.. I was asked TO DO this duty… I don’t want recognition… You know me, I will write (hopefully well) about what a good person this person is.. And THAT’S IT.

Break time.. Time for a cig… Friggin A Ray… thank goodness..

So… five minutes left on break… Went to this online dating site thingy.. Was a gal I’d communicated with several times… Nice enough.. But, with somea the things she’d said, I’d noticed a little “tude”… the last email (a nice one) I’d sent, ended up “read/deleted.”

It’s friggin Christmas time… so… no hard feelings… I clicked her profile… readied a one paragraph email wishing her and her mother a very Merry Christmas………..

“Blocked… you’ve been blocked by this user.” I didn’t earn that, but, message taken.

So… Grinch for Grinch… I logged onto my “other addy” on that website, and sent the exact same email “wishing you and your mother a very Merry Christmas.”

I don’t know if it’s the friggin economy. I don’t know if it’s the “Victor you get your feelings hurt too GD easily.”.. I don’t know if it’s there just ain’t enough people getting laid with the necessary frequency they should… or what….

Anyways… a frustrating day… (On a side note, thanks radish… your email made my day)…

I have 32 hours of vacation left. I was gonna forego 8 hours of it and just take Mon/Tue/Wed off next week………….. And then I said (apologies to my niece who stops by here) fuck it. I’m taking off tomorrow (Tuesday).. Will work half day Wednesday.. Then I’m OUTTA HERE UNTIL 1/5/09.

I needs me a break. I needs me the Grinch to awaken and, according to Wiki “However, he learns in the end that despite his success in stealing all the Christmas presents and decorations from the Whos, Christmas comes just the same. He then realizes that Christmas is more than just gifts and presents. His heart grows three sizes larger, he returns all the presents and trimmings, and is warmly welcomed into the community of the Whos”

I don’t need all that shit to happen.. But it would be nice to drive across roads where there ain’t no GD speed bumps out there for no reason at’all…

Happy day, and sorry to bitch… I really, REALLY do love Christmas…

Grinchturd…….

2 comments:

Valerie said...

I just love you, Vic. Come over and take a break. We'll light the fire, drink some...whateverthehell...and have some good times. And...I hide it well...but I've been known to cuss like a sailor. Ask Darren about Emily, and you'll understand.

Check engine light said...

Thanks Valerie... love you too.. but if it's true, u mebbe cuss to much for us to be friends.. hehe...

I might just take u up on the invite.. hope u guys still gotta suntan from ur trip.

Love,

Victor